Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: How many Z07 owners do we have here?

Toms007

Corvette
2007 Atomic Orange Coupe
OK, after reading/helping JimiJam with his investigative search, and finding out he is also a Z07 owner. I'm just wondering, How many others here at CAC have the Z07 package on their cars?

A little rundown here. The Z07 package is the "Special Performance Handling" option, available on coupes only between 1991 and 1995. It featured special high rate springs, the FX3 adjustable shocks, larger front and rear sway bars (30mm and 24mm respectively), J55 heavy duty brakes (this was an upgrade for 91-94 model years and became standard on all the 95 models), performance axle ratio, sport seats, 9.5 wheels at all four corners and 275/40 tires (again this was only different for the 93-95 model years as those were the standard size for the 91-92 Corvette). I don't have my numbers in front of me right now, but production was less than 1000 in each of those years (IIRC), 883 for the 1994 model year.

Mine is a white/red A4 which I think is kind of rare as most of the Z07's I have run across are 6 speeds. I have heard that after 91 that Z07s were about 1/2 and 1/2 A4 to M6, but the ones I have run across don't support that info. I know that Z07coupe in Lenexa, KS has a 92 A4 (beautiful car, Paul). Supposedly 1991 Z07s were all M6 but that has been proven wrong as there are at least 2 verified Z07 A4 1991 cars. I am just the second owner and have about 118K miles on the clock. (like JimiJam I didn't know that I bought a Z07 until after I got it home (a little quicker than Jimi figured it out though, just a few days later, not a year or more :D)

OK so those of you who have a Z07 check in here. Lets see if we can root out some more of these somewhat rare cars. And give some pertinent info about your car.

Hello toms94! Glad you decided to start this thread. As you and others know already I have a Black 95 Z07, the guy I bought it from made sure I knew it was a Z07 he even had personalized tags that pointed it out! The dual power sport seats are also part of the package. When I bought it it had 62,447 miles, now has 64,300. Mine is a 6 speed and have read that the auto's are more rare/fewer. So far "she" has been nothing but a joy to own. Can't wait to hear from other Z07 owners.

BLAKZ07 :w

Hello toms94! Glad you decided to start this thread. As you and others know already I have a Black 95 Z07, the guy I bought it from made sure I knew it was a Z07 he even had personalized tags that pointed it out! The dual power sport seats are also part of the package. When I bought it it had 62,447 miles, now has 64,300. Mine is a 6 speed and have read that the auto's are more rare/fewer. So far "she" has been nothing but a joy to own. Can't wait to hear from other Z07 owners.

BLAKZ07 :w

Really? I can't believe anyone would do such a thing. :D

CorvetteActioncenter007avatar.jpg

Actually thinking about starting a database for Z07 cars.

1991 = 733
1992 = 738
1993 = 824
1994 = 887
1995 = 753

Total Production = 3935

Here's the info I'd like to obtain, Please PM me.

Model Year
Transmission A4 or M6
VIN
Build date Month/year
Exterior color
Interior Color
Country
State/Province

Toms94,

I have one too! All black 6 spd, one of the 824 made in 1993. Fully documented.

tcxd40

Toms94,

I have one too! All black 6 spd, one of the 824 made in 1993. Fully documented.

tcxd40

tcxd40, thanks for the response and PM. I have added yours to my database.

toms94,

Some additional info.

Car was purposely built by the original owner which was my neighbor for A/S SCCA racing. It was raced hard for sure of the 49K miles 20K + were on the track. As I'm told it is also one of a handful of Z07s with custom rate front and rear springs by GM. It does not have the typical rate Z07 springs. My neighbor who had intimate connections with GM racing knew of these springs and had them special ordered. Has all options except 40th Ann. package, ZR1, and no tire pressure sensors or two top option. Being all black it does not have the white leather seats either. Car has all documentation from original order sheet to window sticker along with with a host of other dealer paper work.
One sad note is that the original LT1 was destroyed at Kentucky motor speedway in 2004. The good news is that the facility that replaced the engine was able to find a 1993 factory replacement long block. I have had to do alot of work to bring it back to original with a few upgrades. Borla exhaust to replace the striaght pipes, used '95 fenders instead of the '93s and found a set of factory NOS 1993 17x11 ZR1 wheels for the back otherwise all factory.

tcxd40

tcxd40, you have the build sheet? If so, which springs does it show installed? Did they install the special springs at the factory or was that a dealer installed option? I would be interested in knowing.

toms94,
Factory build sheet pulled from the tank is in the file along with all the other paper work.

From what Bob(original owner) had told me the springs were installed at Bowling Green. They were swapped out for the factory springs while on the assembly line. I believe that the codes on the build sheet reflect the factory spring rates for the Z07 package. I have had discussions with some of Bob's racing buddies and they have verified everything Bob has told me. I'll look to see what is in the Frt, RR spring boxes on the build sheet.

tcxd40

I am another one who didn't know I had a Z07 until I got home. I was looking for a good clean yellow C4 with a 3.07 rear and FX3. Finding out it was a Z07 was a nice bonus. :) Mine is a 94 competition yellow Z07 with the A4. Going off percentages of options sold in 94 and guesstimates I have my car around one of five to eight yellow A4 Z07's in 94. Wish we had more exact numbers from GM. This car is fully documented and all original except for tires and battery. Just under 49K and I drive it like I stole it ;)

Jason

I am another one who didn't know I had a Z07 until I got home. I was looking for a good clean yellow C4 with a 3.07 rear and FX3. Finding out it was a Z07 was a nice bonus. :) Mine is a 94 competition yellow Z07 with the A4. Going off percentages of options sold in 94 and guesstimates I have my car around one of five to eight yellow A4 Z07's in 94. Wish we had more exact numbers from GM. This car is fully documented and all original except for tires and battery. Just under 49K and I drive it like I stole it ;) Jason

Jason, first off, welome to CAC. Secondly, thanks for posting here, Please PM me with your info as I would like to start a database of these cars.

I have been getting some response from this and the database is growing. This is to keep this thread more visible and at the top.

Thanks to those who have shared their information.

I have been getting some response from this and the database is growing. This is to keep this thread more visible and at the top.

Thanks to those who have shared their information.

How many to date out of the 3900 and change?

tcxd40

Not doing that great...I only have 7 in the database right now. I'm pretty sure that there are some more here at CAC.

Not doing that great...I only have 7 in the database right now. I'm pretty sure that there are some more here at CAC.

I agree with you on that.

I'm sure there is alot of vette owners who don't even know what they are driving.

What we need is for everyone to check the tag under the console cover and check for the Z07 code, which should be listed.

tcxd40

i have a 92 black rose metallic with black interior Z 07 with auto... quite rare too!!! i do found that corvette on the net for sale and dont even think about it because of the color that were like grape on pictures and i was looking for a 6 speed so... 3 1/2 month later i have called the guy to see it (still for sale) and found that it was a Z 07 and fully equipped and the color was great after all with only 56k miles on it... so i bought it on the spot and the third owner that i bought it from didn't even no what is the rpo Z 07 or anything about ... everybody hear something about ZR 1 but never of the Z 07 corvette that to my idea is in fact a ZR 1 without the expensive lt5 engine option that you can have with 6 speed or auto at a fraction of the price... nice car and way better than my 87 that i used to have for 6 years even if they still c4 there is a big difference between them with the addition of the LT 1 and a lot of little things fixed over the years !!! ADD ME TO YOUR DATABASE...

i have a 92 black rose metallic with black interior Z 07 with auto... quite rare too!!! i do found that corvette on the net for sale and dont even think about it because of the color that were like grape on pictures and i was looking for a 6 speed so... 3 1/2 month later i have called the guy to see it (still for sale) and found that it was a Z 07 and fully equipped and the color was great after all with only 56k miles on it... so i bought it on the spot and the third owner that i bought it from didn't even no what is the rpo Z 07 or anything about ... everybody hear something about ZR 1 but never of the Z 07 corvette that to my idea is in fact a ZR 1 without the expensive lt5 engine option that you can have with 6 speed or auto at a fraction of the price... nice car and way better than my 87 that i used to have for 6 years even if they still c4 there is a big difference between them with the addition of the LT 1 and a lot of little things fixed over the years !!! ADD ME TO YOUR DATABASE...

Here's the info I'd like to obtain, Please PM me.

Model Year
Transmission A4 or M6
VIN
Build date Month/year
Country
State/Province

Here in Hawaii there is a real estate couple in our Corvette Club that have a very low mileage 1993 Ruby Red 40th anniversary auto w/ZO7.
I have a fake ZO7, 1993 Ruby with Reher Morrisons (Or Tommy) springs, sway bars from his Corvette Challenge car. They came, the challenge cars, with Z51 suspensions, but were same rate and coding as the Z07's.

Steve, Thanks for the info. Are they members here? If not maybe you could acquire the info for me to add to the DB?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom