Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: How many Z07 owners do we have here?

Jackp. thank you for your submission and welcome to CAC (as I see this is your first post) I will include your data.Your car has traveled a long way...according to the 40th Anniversary data base it was sold new in Minnesota.

Again Welcome.

I used to have a 1988 bright red / saddle leather interior Z51 coupe with the Doug Nash 4+3 stick in it. I sold it back in 1993 and regretted it ever since. A few weeks ago, I found the clone of my old car on Ebay one night but decided not to get into a bidding war on it. That car, an exact copy of my '88, went for $10,800. Yeah, I missed that one so I promised myself that if I ever found another deal like that, I would make sure not to let it get away.

Thinking back and looking at the C4 generation, I was less drawn to replacing my '88 and more inclined to going with a 1991 model instead. I began looking for a 1991 since most of the older Z51 parts had been worked into the base model by 1991, I liked the '91 face-lift over my old '88, I wanted a 6 speed rather than the 4+3 DN, and I really liked the '90 make-over of the dash as compared to the Atari dash I had in my '88. The '91 seemed to have almost everything standard that my old '88 Z51 had come with as part of the Z51 option package but I still wanted the best handling '91 Vette so ...

Then I read about the Z07 option and figured I'd never find one (only 733 made in '91). Man, it would be nice to find a red / tan Z07 with a six speed and low miles, adult owned and within a thousand miles of where I live.

My Ebay genie granted my wish.

I found a nice Bright Red coupe on Ebay one Saturday night, camel leather interior, six speed and FX3. It was like looking at a slightly better version of my old car. Most of the FX3 cars I had looked at were automatics and none of the six speed cars I looked at had the FX3 option ... I knew that the six speed and the FX3 were requirements and part of the Z07 so anytime that I did find a rare 6 speed / FX3 car, I always looked to see if it was a Z07 but none up to that point had been.

So, imagine my surprise when this six speed coupe on Ebay also has the FX3 option. That might ... just might ... mean that the coupe is a rare Z07! When I asked the seller to post the RPO codes, he didn't know what those were and I had to tell him where to find them. He posted them the next day and ... surprise! One of the RPO codes was Z07. She had all of the go fast goodies, the bigger brakes, engine oil cooler, Dana rear, 3.45 gears, ... I really don't think that the guy knew what he had or how rare it was.

I didn't want to let this Z07 optioned Vette get away so I bid $14,500 on it a minute and a half before the auction ended (it was worth that much to me, personally, your price may and probably will have differed greatly) and I stole this car for $8100 as the high bidder (which is a little less than half of what I had been willing to spend on the car). I spent $500 extra on a plane ticket, hotel room, gas and food on the way back. Not a bad deal. CarFax shows actual mileage at 49k, two previous owners, no wrecks and no catastrophic damage.

I spent two days driving the car back. I burned two tanks of premium gas, ran the car at speeds of 75mph to 95mph with one short spurt to 120mph and averaged 25.3mpg with the six speed. The drive back, even in a Z07 optioned coupe, was pleasant and enjoyable.

Here's my info since I don't IM:

Model Year 1991
Transmission M6
VIN 1G1YY2385M5105868
Build date Month/year 12/90
Exterior color Bright Red
Interior Color Camel / Saddle (leather)
Country USA
State/Province MS

For me, owning a Vette has always been about owning the low production or hard to find models rather than more common combinations and examples which is why I went after this Z07 so hard. It's the same color combo as my old Vette but it's better and it has more. Being one of 733 made that year brings with it an exclusiveness that few other Vettes can lay claim to save the Callaway or the ZR1, IMHO.

Temporary thread hijack...

For me, owning a Vette has always been about owning the low production or hard to find models rather than more common combinations and examples which is why I went after this Z07 so hard.

Hi neighbor! Cool story and congrats on scoring the Z07!

I really enjoyed a roadtrip in your neck of the woods a couple of years ago. http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/off-topic/95938-roadtrip-lizard-red-bluff.html

Just wanted to say hello and welcome to the CAC!
:wJane Ann

Mine's a 93 Ruby with the Z07 opt.

Raggs, would you like to supply me with the VIN? I probably already have it as I got quite a bit of information from the 40th anniversary registry, but it would be nice to put you as owner.

Dang, I missed Black Echo's post...Welcome aboard and thank you for your submission. I've got you down. As you may already know, most91 Z07's were 6 speed cars. Your search and finding your needle in a hay stack story is cool. Glad you enjoyed the trip sounds like a really nice car.

Raggs, would you like to supply me with the VIN? I probably already have it as I got quite a bit of information from the 40th anniversary registry, but it would be nice to put you as owner.
Will do.:cool

I have a 92 coupe, bright aqua metalic, L/G interior with the ZO7 option and 6 speed tranny. The VIN is 1G1YY23P3N5102945. Located in the Great Northwest, State of Washington.

smoy2161, thank you for your submission, I'll include you in the database as soon as I get home. Have you had this car a while or is it a new acquisition?

Welcome to CAC, you'll find lots of nice and knowledgeable people here.

I've had it for a year this month. I drive it to work a couple days a week if the weather allows and an occasional backroad romp on the weekend. As you know the handling is where the ZO7 shines...dang near perfect. It is just a flat out, fun car!

smoy2161, can you check the date on the drivers door for me? I'd like to include the build date. Thanks.

1995 ZO7 Coupe, Dark Red Metallic, beige interior, A4

Please Add Me!

I have a 92 Z07 coupe...

Trans: m6
VIN: 1g1yy23p7n511194
Build date: C3/92
Exterior: Aqua
Interior: Beige
State: FL

I'm the 2nd owner, purchased the car in 1995.

Thanks for the replies. I've got the info added.

How many Z07s in the dats base to date?

tcxd40

I've got 367 in the DB, not quite 10% of the total production.

:upthumbs 367 :thumb there is one 94 white on red listed for sale on e-bay with 120k on it in new mexico area... z07 not listed but you can see z07 perfor... somewhere on the paper :thumb may be 368 now by the way i did receive the built sheet from the museum and mine as 044/92 on top and 03/92 on the door:confused how can be the 044 th days of 92 and 03/92 on the door sticker btw vin is 10415 ! thanks if somebody can decode witch day it came out of bowling green!!! :beer

:upthumbs 367 :thumb there is one 94 white on red listed for sale on e-bay with 120k on it in new mexico area... z07 not listed but you can see z07 perfor... somewhere on the paper :thumb may be 368 now by the way i did receive the built sheet from the museum and mine as 044/92 on top and 03/92 on the door:confused how can be the 044 th days of 92 and 03/92 on the door sticker btw vin is 10415 ! thanks if somebody can decode witch day it came out of bowling green!!! :beer

:L:L Yea that's mine! I traded it in Albuquerque, they have it on Ebay now.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom