Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I am a "Nervous Wreck"....

Hmm...I may be Dollar challenged...59,300 sticker less 4,000 is 55,300...right? they gave you 34,000 for your trade right?? when i do the math out the door was 21,330 plus taxes..not 49,800..what am i missing? If you traded from the 03 to an 07 for the 21,300...i think you got a great deal!! I bought my new 2006...and now gm announces 100000miles warranty in 2007...that sucks...but what the hell,i love my vette!!

What the heck -- it's only stuff!

WELL.... My nerves are shot! Did I do the right thing here? :confused ... I am looking at this wondering if and when reality sets in, will I wish I didn't do this? ...I need some support from those of you that have been in this position before me...any HELP with words of wisdom (if there are any) would be appreciated here!!

I traded my 2002 MT coupe for a 2005 MT coupe in March of 2005, agonized over it, but much preferred the C6 over the C5. Until the battery went dead a couple of times. So, after grousing to the salesperson, he called me in June and said they would make me a great deal on a 2006 AT/paddle convertible (red or yellow, my choice, both sitting on the lot) cuz they had some kind of GM quota thingy to meet. So I asked the Sargeant Major if it was OK to trade, she said "You won't like the automatic." But I traded anyway; and agonized over that. She was right. Nothing against the automatic, I just prefer a manual. I hadn't thought thru the ragtop thing either. So I'm whining to the salesperson and he calls me in October and says I can get a 2007 on one of their "last allocations." So I traded again. Took delivery of the MT coupe on Nov 4, my birthday. When the wife saw the silver coupe sitting in the garage, she said it looked like it's always belonged there.

The bills are paid and there's food on the table. I could drop dead tomorrow and make my wife a wealthy woman (and I'm sure my son would get the vette!). Might as well enjoy life a little while we're here. It's only "stuff."

Dave

Thanks mylocat. I just dropped off a couple of door handles at the chromers and what does he have parked next door in a big warehouse?

An immaculate 65 Mustang 2+2 fastback, with factory 4 bbl, (not a K code car) factory 4 speed, factory front disc brakes, and thru valance trumpet (factory) exhaust. (Im exhausted from typing factory) Although its not a GT car. It is documented and rare with those options. It also has the perfect stance, and comes with other goodies like a rally pac, torque thrust rims, and Shelby traction bars.

I just cant buy every car i see or find. But it is so damn hard to pass up a door when opportunity knocks. This car is a steal at 12 grand. But I have 2 other Mustangs, and 2 Camaros. The problem is where to keep them.

But you hit the nail on the head. You could be gone tomorrow, so screw it. Monday Im giving him a lets do it.

H

This car is a 10 year old resto, dun rite .

Enjoy!

Thanks...An immaculate 65 Mustang 2+2 fastback, other Mustangs, and 2 Camaros...The problem is where to keep them....

Sounds awesome! I must admit a fondness for Mustangs as well ;) : 67 coupe and 68 fastback with the 289, and a 97 cobra, heavilly modified to kick arse. Last spring I stopped by the local Ford store to ask about the Shelby. They told me it was a limited production and was going to be selling for $15-20K over sticker :eyerole . I bid them a fond farewell and drove off in the vette. Even if I went for it I've got the same space problem. We need a friggin barn what with my boy toys and my son's project cars.

Anyway, have fun with the stang!

Dave

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom