Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

i need help

WNS532-66

Corvette
1966 Sunfire Yellow Convertible
it's been a long time coming:confused i cannot find in my books the sequence of which the frontend is assembled.
i need some pics...ive had enough reading for awhile:crazy
i need some pics of the spindle and the steering mechanism that bolts to the spindle.

thanks
jack

GREAT PICTURES

IH2LOSE said:
here is a link t an on line album from my 66

What do you need The 66 is up on the lift now

http://www.clubphoto.com/_cgi-bin/app.pl/albums/large_image_view?id=1950330&link_code=sa01_17

the pictures are fantastic, the same color as mine, although mine is a small block with stock under car exhaust,327.

What i need is a bolt description for the front spindles, especially the bolts that hold on the plate for the disc brakes and dust sheild...i have had my car apart for so loooong (and i have most if not all the bolts) that i cannot come up with the length and thread count.

Also i lost or mis-placed the carriage bolt for the steering box...do you have someone you dealt with or know of some company that i can find some?? they are 3/8x24x4-1/4"

also i bought a new SS brake line set and now have problems with the main line on the drivers side...it seems to be to long and the bends are not right, no its not a power brake line, i made sur of that.

do i need to make extra bends for it to fit??

i ran it from the block in front and throught cross-member and up to the distribution block in the rear and it is still tooooo long.

should i have ran it closer to the top of the frame?

did i run in the right place??

when putting the trailing arms back in place, the shims that go into the frame have some marks on them some have "V" and some have an "A" the others have dots on them "like this "..." and this ".." any help would be appreciated

I have had this car since 1976 and have moved about 7 times and tried to keep track of the car and its parts. the car has been apart since 1981.

sorry for the long remarks

jack

If you don't have the Assembly Instruction Manual (A.I.M.) you should get one.

It has an exploded view of almost the entire car, with part names, numbers and torque ratings, etc. It makes re-assembly a great deal easier.

Trust me. ;)

I have the AIM but it is a copy of a copy.of a copy.of a copy...and is hard to distinguish the parts at times...it just gonna take me awhile to decipher...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom