Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I Officially Started My Project This Morning

I enjoy the answers rather than TBTR's blathering.

TBTR: It isn't bubbles in the casting; it is porosity in the casting. Hopefully. you sand blasted the rust. No offense; however, that was quite a butcher job in the cylinder head.. Whatever tool it was you used; throw it away.

Less Friction Now

I had to reduce the idle speed again this morning because the friction between the piston rings and cylinder walls is lessening with each time I drive it.

I enjoy the answers rather than TBTR's blathering.

TBTR: It isn't bubbles in the casting; it is porosity in the casting. Hopefully. you sand blasted the rust. No offense; however, that was quite a butcher job in the cylinder head.. Whatever tool it was you used; throw it away.

I'm without doubt that the tool was the sharpest part of that operation.

Throwing it away is a good idea....

I'm without doubt that the tool was the sharpest part of that operation.

Throwing it away is a good idea....

Too sharp a tool for the operator's expertise or better said, lack thereof.

LLC5, you lost me, with throwing it away; did you mean the tool or its operator??

I had to reduce the idle speed again this morning because the friction between the piston rings and cylinder walls is lessening with each time I drive it.

No Bon Ami this time??

To be blunt, I've purchased more than a few new cars and no of them required an idle adjustment.

Last edited:

Too sharp a tool for the operator's expertise or better said, lack thereof.

LLC5, you lost me, with throwing it away; did you mean the tool or its operaton?

I started out with the tool, but you do bring up a good point. I did mention getting a new engine rebuilder......

I'll leave it up to interpretation. :)

Exactly what scientific diagnostic procedure did you perform to come up with this deduction?

You can't make this stuff up!!!!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Finished Seats

Here's a picture I took just before I installed the valves.

Attachments

• 1971 Corvette Engine Rebuild October 2016 001 (2).jpg
    1971 Corvette Engine Rebuild October 2016 001 (2).jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 78
Harbor Freight Air Compressor Pump

Harbor Freight just contacted me; asking what kind of a problem I had and suggesting I return it to a Harbor Freight outlet for exchange. I told them I had solved the problem that was caused by a design error and told them my new pump now works great. I recommended they contact the factory and tell them what needs to be done to solve the problem.

The air cleaner assemblies use a pleated paper filter that is a bit too short for the cover to hold it securely. So with the cover screwed on the filter just rattles around inside the housing and with no pressure against the filter the cover unscrews and falls onto the ground (along with the filter). By simply putting some thin weatherstripping inside the cover the filter is held firmly in place and the cover remains locked.

I then asked for Harbor Freight to award me a million dollars for my great idea but I doubt I'll get a dime.

I then asked for Harbor Freight to award me a million dollars for my great idea but I doubt I'll get a dime.

This is the only post of yours that has a correct statement attached to it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom