Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I want a ZR1, need advice

Ted

Considering that's a late production car, it probably has a set of Dunn heads on it. I would probably be interested in it if I didn't build a new house last year.

Art

Ok, I've asked this several times before and have never really gotten an answer.

Do the Dunn heads really make that much of a difference compared to a Z without them? Or is it more of a "rarity" thing?

Demps said:
Rumor has it that the car at Roger's has had some body work--I have not seen the car and cannot confirm it.

Sad -- if that’s the case with only 1,564 miles on the ticker.

B17Crew
:w

Brett said:
Ok, I've asked this several times before and have never really gotten an answer.

Do the Dunn heads really make that much of a difference compared to a Z without them? Or is it more of a "rarity" thing?
It is a rarity thing and nothing more.

Brett said:
Brett said:

It's more than a rarity thing. You can asked this question and get a ton of different answers. Call and talk to Graham at LPE or Doug Rippie or maybe any of the persons that had any part of building the LT5 and let them tell you on what their thoughts are on the Dunns compared to the Birmals. Those that knows, knows it goes be on that being a rarity item. It's an improvement over the Birmal heads. I'll leave it up to you to do your research and you gather your information and decide on what you think. I'm not getting into a debate war on this issue. Why would anyone want a 95 ZR-1? Anyone looking to purchase a 95 ZR-1 is looking for the latest updates, for the simple reason is because it's the last year and it has all the upgrades with all the bells and whistles. With a Birmal head on it, it would be like missing part of the puzzle. Some of us feel it’s important to have if it, it’s a 95 car. The guys today that are looking for the 95's with the Dunns knows that they’re going to be paying a premium price, and they’re usually not the budget buyers.

For those that have a 95 without the Dunns, here’s a set of them on E-Bay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33617&item=2458130089http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...item=2458130089http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...item=2458130089

Art

SPEEDEMON said:
It's an improvement over the Birmal heads. I'll leave it up to you to do your research and you gather your information and decide on what you think. I'm not getting into a debate war on this issue.
Well see here's the thing--I have done research, and all anyone ever says is that they are an "improvement". I can never find the details of what that entails. I would like to know exactly how they are an "improvement". Better performance? Better reliability? And if so, how do they accomplish this? I'm in the dark.

I'm not looking for a "debate war", just the facts. There's no reason for anyone to have any problems or hurt feelings over this. If something is improved, it's improved. That's like saying we shouldn't be able to discuss the 375hp Z's VS the 405 ones.

Art is correct in that the Dunn heads DO provide a performance advantage over the Birmals. The few that own the Dunn head cars know this to be a fact and the ones with the plain Birmals try making excuses to the contrary. The Dunn heads are have the latest technology of the era and it shows. I like others thathave the Dunn heads just sit back and grin at the negative goings on that the non-Dunn head owners spew out everytime there is a mention of the words Dunn head anywhere. Just check the other forums and see. In the end you need to buy the most car you can afford and move on. If you are fortunate to purchase a Dunn head car then you'll have the best and will reap the benefits. Take care and good luck. Now watch the Birmals start firing back. :-)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom