Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I wonder how many new members will show up here

Well Lars has helped me out on more than one occassion. As a military guy with limited resources, it was a god send. I know that guy is super busy yet he shares and help without reservation.

Lars is the man and I appreciate what he does for me and many others.

Well I switched over. It's a shame. I really like the "other" forum, but if they can't see the diff. between LAR and the "other" forum member. Then im out. Lars has helped me more then once in the past 3 months. The other member has never tried to help, but did find a way to cut me twice. I hope I can make this place my home now.

Well I switched over. It's a shame. I really like the "other" forum, but if they can't see the diff. between LAR and the "other" forum member. Then im out. Lars has helped me more then once in the past 3 months. The other member has never tried to help, but did find a way to cut me twice. I hope I can make this place my home now.

WELCOME HOME!:upthumbs

Cf mod's

Well, I've never left here but, I have spent a great deal of time over at that "other site".

I too was banned this past summer, for 30 day's for calling out a Mod, when he was just over the top wrong. I had complained to the administrator, and he said he would have a talk with him. This same (NEW) Mod, has been trying to make a name for himself, by locking / deleting post's, and entire threads he deems not to his liking. He also, continuously threatens long time members by PM. And lastly, he is also the same Mod at the heart of the Lars tube bending thread.

I can not begin to tell you how many PM's I have received from other long time members about this guy....But, he's still there. So, now I am over here....and glad to be!

Stay in tune....:thumb

response

just thought I would check in as well, no commentary on anything and no questions, as of yet.

This sounds like Voldemort and "he who must not be named", are we taling about CorvetteForum as the other site? Screw that politically correct stuff.

I've been bcc'd on some of the back and forth between a few banned members and the mods. My best guess is that they really don't want people like me who knock the cr*p out of most aftermarket modifications for being a waste of money. They'd sooner have a stream of kids who buy everything they see on Speedvision or in a Summit catalogue and keep their vendors alive.

Not a place for honest, credible technical discussion. :ugh

Hmph. Well I wasn't involved in any of the BS over there, but if they have banned Gary aka GTR1999, one of the most helpful folks I have ever seen post on the Corvette boards circuit, then somebody has lost their mind....

Hmph. Well I wasn't involved in any of the BS over there, but if they have banned Gary aka GTR1999, one of the most helpful folks I have ever seen post on the Corvette boards circuit, then somebody has lost their mind....

Just MY PERSONAL view point... I couldn't agree more.. Gary has come to the rescue of many members here and I have asked for his input into threads... which he does with great insight and plain old understandable instructions..

This is purely MY Personal Opinion from observations and my interaction with GTR1999 (This is not the intended or expressed opinion of the Corvette Action Center)

Bud Dougherty
Amarillo, TX

I have been a member of most of the corvette type forums for a long time. Some I frequent more often than others. For the last 6 months or so I have been away from most of the corvette forums. I just recently got to reading them again. I have noticed there is quite a bit of moderation going on over there when really IMO it is not needed. I have seen several valuable contributors get banned. That is one thing I do not understand.

"overmoderation" that's a good way to describe it. No one incident, just an accumulation of recent stuff that has made me uncomfortable being there, after 11 years.

I got banned forever. No big loss really, those mods have some really swelled up heads over there.

WOW, I had no idea Mikey and thanks for starting this post. This forum was my first and will always be my home but I do venture from time to time over at the "other" forum for additional info. I recognize some names. Welcome! I will also say that I try to stay in touch with Lars as he has helped me on various occassions with my Q-Jet including rebuilds. Good to see Gary as well. ;)

Free Speach

Hey gang...imagine a Corvette forum with no moderators. It would be a blast.:cool

2709832240103361744S600x600Q85.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom