Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

In search of frame options for a 66

Islander

Corvette
1966 roadster
I have begun bodywork on my 1966 roadster shell so I'm going to need a frame soon to be able to finish that work properly. This vette will be a daily driver. As I see it I have two options:

1- Get a 1965-67 frame and then purchase the Vette Brake Products front and rear upgraded suspension kit and also add Steeroids' power steering kit. I would need to get a suitable rear end and trailing arms. This option does not let me increase the width of the tires in the front.

2- Purchase an aftermarket frame that does NOT require me to cut the body to fit it, one that would take stock C4 components, including steering and brakes and that could allow me to increase the tire width. More rubber on the road would be nice but is not absolutely necessary, BTW.

Car Creations is out due to price ($10K!), so I'm looking at Jamison’s C2 tube frame:

IM000795.jpg

Runs about $5400 just for the frame. Southeast frames looked sweet until I found out you have to cut up the luggage compartment to make room for the rear coilover springs.

Do you folks know of any other aftermarket frame makers (stock setup only, no GS) that may offer other alternatives?

Try this link http//:www.sriiimotorsports.com

Have seen their C2 frames up close and they look well built. Talked to someone in New Jersey that had a C2 with a 502 and loved it. Handled great and was scary fast. He said he would do it again and they were right on time with everything they promised and good to work with.
Dave

Have you looked at Street Shop Chassisworks? They say they have a frame that requires no body modifications and uses C4 suspension. I am waaiting for some information from them. Has anyone dealt with them or had experience with their frame?

Wow! I never thought I'd see this thread again. I went with Jamison's Custom Corvette's C4 tube frame, BTW.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom