Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Injector Question...

Ghost~3~

Corvette
1985 Blue Coupe
My '87, is due to have the Calif Smog Test in April, and it has a EGR Valve that occasionaly "Stick's" when started Cold causing a BIG Misfire, and I'll be changing that out for a new one and while I have the Intake plenum off,
I figured I might as well change "EVERYTHING" under the plenum while it is
off, as the car has just touched the 70K Mile Mark. :D

BTW~ Motor/Car are totally "Stock" at this time.

So the Injector Question is??? Opinion's on Accel Injector's vs Factory??

I don't wanna go out into the garage at the moment to find out what the PSI Injector's are used on the '87 motor??

I've read where a lotta folk's are using the Ford SVO Injector's due to a lower cost per unit than the GM's.

Also what would the Ford Injector # or PSI be if I were to go that route?

Thank's for any info...:D

I installed the Accel injectors in mine 2 years ago with no problems yet. I would buy the adjustable regulator as well. My injectors would lead down while shut off causing a very rich start with a miss that would clean out. The Accel injectors were much cheaper than the GM units. Good Luck. BTW the regulator comes with instructions on instalation as well as seting the preasure.

Ok Thank's for the reply....:D

Yeah the Regulator will be changed also! as I said everything in there is now 20 year's old and is no doubt starting to show it's age! :)

The GM units are incredibly expensive. I think the Ford SVO injectors are about $200 or so for a set. I haven't read anything bad about those injectors.

I've read of a couple of problems with the Accel injectors but I'm too lazy to do a search! :L

That EGR is a PITA to take off if the runners are still on. I think it was 3/8" and it's easiest to use a crows foot socket to get to the nuts holding the EGR on. Either that or use an open end thread through the runners.

Don't forget to check for vacuum leaks and the PCV on the valve cover.

Yup, an adjustable FP Reg is part of the plan, along with as I mentioned anything else under that plenum that's 20 year's old get's the Axe! :D I, don't like to just
replace one or two item's, just to have to go back a month or two later when something else fail's from "Age". :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom