Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

It is off-season and I am bored.

SPANISHVETTS

Corvette
before 60,63&82 now 90 383 Stroker & 91 ZR1-Sold
I am thinking about building a rat motor out of the bitts and pieces I have scattered around the shop which brings up a few questions.

I have a short block stroked but not bored displacement must be around 37? I never worked it out. The top end of this motor went onto the S-10 pickup.

Then there is the top end off of Thunders original L98. The heads were ported but the valves and springs are stock.

The cam in the short block has a lift of 0.450 Duration I 218/E 110, can I use 1.6 rockers with the stock springs?

The L98 heads have guide plates should I go with self aligning rockers or not?

The base plate has been ported but the runners and plenum are stock what kind of power do you think she will make?

I am guessing 325-340 HP and close to 400TQ at 4000 RPM.

BTW I do not have a chassis to put this motor in. I am looking for something like a small van. Has anybody tried to put a SBC in a TransSport or Luna? I can pick up one of those for a few hundred bucks in the local Junk Yard.

It has been on hold since we started hand sanding Thunder for his new paint job.

I got a set of roller rockers from eBay for $90. A gasket set for about the same and some hi rise valve covers that I picked up while we were in the UK.

Spanish Christmas starts Dec. 6th so it will be 2007 before I get around to bolting the pieces together.

Still looking for a box to put it in.

:w

You can put that motor in my chasis. :L Wait, that didn't sound right...:L:L:L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom