Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

News: It's Getting Too Loud..!!

Viet Nam Vett

Corvette
65 BB 502 Cp /MSD ATOMIC EFI/ 2009-HUMMER H2
I have a set of Sweet Thunder Side Stainless Steel pipes on my 65. They are the 2 1/4" internal Baffel Type. They were purchased with out the front section or the pipe that follows the side cover forward curve towards the exhaust manifold. In other words, just a straight section of Chambered Pipe

I had a custom pipe assembly made up to fit for the Sanderson Block Hugger Headers that are on my 502. They are loud..!!! Over the past two years it's started to bother me as I think they are just to loud. When I try and creap down some of the local steets in the stealth mode ...it's like "Peter Built Truck " with no exhaust. :D

So..I have decided to take them off and replace them with a set of "Allen's" Side pipes.I ordered a set of Alumin-ized Pipes and four sections of front pipe that can be custom fabbed to my Sanderson Headers.

These pipes should be less obnoxious as there are more internal baffle sections then the Sweet Thunders. And ..there Aluminum and won't ring like the Stainless Steel Thunders.

So if anyone might be interested in the Sweet Thunders...see my listing in the C1-C2 for sale section.

Wimp. :rotfl

warning-500.jpg

Wimp. :rotfl

warning-500.jpg

You Got Big Gay Baffles inside those 4 " Tubes..No way are They as Loud as the Sweet Thunder...Yeah Insurance paid up and me gots new ear plugs.... LIke you.... Ear Plug Boy...;LOL

microsoft.gif

You Got Big Gay Baffles inside those 4 " Tubes..No way are They as Loud as the Sweet Thunder...Yeah Insurance paid up and me gots new ear plugs.... LIke you.... Ear Plug Boy...;LOL

microsoft.gif

After all these years, you still have hearing, VNV? :chuckle

-Mac

Lemme see if I can figure out what is really driving this.

Hmmmm -- you installed A/C in your car about two years ago. Therefore since you really only drive that car in the Spring/Summer months, you are probably riding around with your windows shut and the A/C on. Basically what you are saying here is that the sidepeipes are too loud with the windows shut. Herein lies the problem. The problem is not the sidepipes. The problem is that the A/C has caused you to have become a softy. I bet that in a few months even the new ones will be two loud for you. My suggestion is that you ditch the sidepipes totally and install undercar exhaust so it wont be too loud for you. While you are at it, you might as well install power steering, electric windows, electric mirrors, power brakes, an automatic transmission and messagers in your seats and pedals. ;LOL

Hmmmm -- you installed A/C in your car about two years ago. Therefore since you really only drive that car in the Spring/Summer months, you are probably riding around with your windows shut and the A/C on. Basically what you are saying here is that the sidepeipes are too loud with the windows shut. Herein lies the problem. The problem is not the sidepipes. The problem is that the A/C has caused you to have become a softy. I bet that in a few months even the new ones will be two loud for you. My suggestion is that you ditch the sidepipes totally and install undercar exhaust so it wont be too loud for you. While you are at it, you might as well install power steering, electric windows, electric mirrors, power brakes, an automatic transmission and messagers in your seats and pedals. ;LOL

Oh..Mr. I can't drive my Vette anywhere unless I mix ROCKET FUEL wih 94 Octane because my Motor has ..like 24:1 compression Ratio. And then I squeeze all that HP and pressure thru GM Stock Teeny Weeny 1 5/8 " internal baffle Side Pipes and the Motor goes Put Put Put. ;LOL

And...I do have Power Windows...and drive every week end in the winter and summer when the roads are clear....With the windows down.;LOL:D

PS: Look for an Email from me.. soon:beer

Bwahahahahaha :boogie

Hmmmm -- you installed A/C in your car...
.... install undercar exhaust so it wont be too loud for you.
....install power steering, electric windows, electric mirrors, power brakes, an automatic transmission and massagers in your seats and pedals. ;LOL

Bwahahahahaha :boogie

You guys are brutal! ;LOL
Except for the massagers, you've described the Midyear I'm dreaming of finding... for under $25k of course. :L

:wJane Ann

...I had a custom pipe assembly made up to fit for the Sanderson Block Hugger Headers that are on my 502. They are loud..!!! Over the past two years it's started to bother me as I think they are just to loud. When I try and creep down some of the local streets in the stealth mode ...it's like "Peter Built Truck " with no exhaust. :D....

VNV, you'll have to let me in on WHY you need to creep down the street. What is her name anyways? Does your wife know about her?:chuckle

I had side exhaust for four years on my first C3. Then, I bought a C5. No side exhaust. After a year... I couldn't wait to get another Vette with side exhaust. You'll regret going back to under car exhaust.

VNV, you'll have to let me in on WHY you need to creep down the street. What is her name anyways? Does your wife know about her?:chuckle

I had side exhaust for four years on my first C3. Then, I bought a C5. No side exhaust. After a year... I couldn't wait to get another Vette with side exhaust. You'll regret going back to under car exhaust.

Some of the streets around here are low noise little tree lined places. I use these streets alot and the peeps sit out on there porches. They know who I am and where I live.

Blasting loud pipes is a no no around here. I try to be stealthy when I go by ..but sometimes I still get the evil eye. So..it's me trying to be a nice guy.... ONLY ON THOSE STREETS....!! OTHER WISE IT'S NOISE CITY ;LOL:D

Trying? Are you so out of practice? ;LOL

C'mon grandpa.............get 'er sideways down those tree-lined retirement homes. :boogie

You know you want to. ;)

You got a point there Gramp's... Side ways is fun..!!;LOL

Mark,

between here and the other places can you get any more crap for complaining about the loudness of your pipes?

and you ran sound for live concerts yet.............
:L:L:L:L

Mark,

between here and the other places can you get any more crap for complaining about the loudness of your pipes?

and you ran sound for live concerts yet.............
:L:L:L:L

Yeah.. And that Chit was louder then the Sweet Thunders...:D

..and guess who is buying his old sweet thunders?

already have them on the bb so these go on the sb....in fact, i'm thinking of adding dump pipes on the sb also:rotfl

..and guess who is buying his old sweet thunders?

already have them on the bb so these go on the sb....in fact, i'm thinking of adding dump pipes on the sb also:rotfl

I'm sure "Bag Of Donuts" will like that..;LOL

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom