Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

L92 Aluminum 6.2L Block

TODD L GRIFFITH

Corvette
99' MR Coupe, 04' Silverado 03' ZO6 Sold
Has anyone been thinking of a build from this block. I've been doing some pricing and found some pretty good deals. http://www.sdparts.com/product/12584727/L92Aluminum62LBareBlock406quotBore.aspx
Imagine this block with a 4.125" crank? You are looking at a inexpensive 427ci. L92 heads are a pretty good deal as well. http://www.sdparts.com/product/SD2713A/L92UpgradeHead600quotlift.aspx
The Holden L76 intake with a GM 90mm Throttlebody goes for $528.00 and fits these heads.
The rotating assembly is where the money is, but is far cheaper than having to buy a forged 4.25" crank for an 4.00" bore LS2 that would require some clearencing.

I can do it alot cheaper than the LS7 holy $4it the price of that thing compared. I'd love to have the block though.

Git-R-Done!
I hear that! I've been spending alot of time lately researching what to do. I'm going to pull the LS6 out of the Z and put the block aside. It will be alot of fun building this new one. I'm not in a great hurry, but I tend to get anxious thinking about it. It will end up being a 418ci or more. Look at this deal from Texas Speed.
http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=686&catid=20 not too shabby, but would definitely take most of the fun away.

...have ya ever thought of supercharging your Z06 engine? ;shrug

Yes, but right at the moment it has the stock bottom end and 59cc combustion chambers. So the idea is to build a lower compression larger displacement forged motor then throw on a D1SC Procharger.

I have been watching this stroked L92 setup as well.

Even better is the rumor that GM is going to offer a l92 high performance crate motor with a 24 month 24K mile warranty too boot.

I have been watching this stroked L92 setup as well.

Even better is the rumor that GM is going to offer a l92 high performance crate motor with a 24 month 24K mile warranty too boot.
Nice. This one here I'm going to build, don't want someone else stealing all my fun. Can't beat the fact that it is an aluminum block either in the weight department. Like I said, the 4.124" crank will give it a good jump in displacement. From what I've read on LS1tech.com, +550rwhp will be doable naturally aspirated. Then the D1SC will make it insane.

That TSP deal is a killer !
Lot's of people are waiting for GM's L98 crate engine.

SDPC does a nice job. I just received my 427 shortblock from them.

The l76 only works with the l92 and l76 blocks as far as I can tell.

The l76 only works with the l92 and l76 blocks as far as I can tell.
I was also wondering about the LS7 intake, because the heads seem similar in the intake ports. I hate to get rid of my FAST 90, but I'm sure I can sell it in 2 mins. on LS1tech.com. :L

No supercharger this time. I want something simple so I decided to go big inch NA.

The LS7 intake will only work with the LS7 heads and the L76 intake will only work with the L92 heads.

I have everything that I need for the build except the cam and head gaskets. Both of those should be here this coming week...then the fun begins... :D

Mark

No supercharger this time. I want something simple so I decided to go big inch NA.

The LS7 intake will only work with the LS7 heads and the L76 intake will only work with the L92 heads.

I have everything that I need for the build except the cam and head gaskets. Both of those should be here this coming week...then the fun begins... :D

Mark
Yes fun for sure. Seeing you are staying NA, what compression are you ending up with?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom