Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Launch of GM's Cruze delayed 3 months

Corvette
2012 💯 4LT GS Roadster
bilde

General Motors Co. said it has delayed the launch of its Chevrolet Cruze small car about three months until the third quarter of 2010 to ensure a flawless launch.

The delay also will give GM time to produce all variations of Cruze models, the automaker said Wednesday. It was not related to any problems associated with earlier Cruze launches in Europe or China, GM spokesman Klaus-Peter Martin said.

Industry analyst Erich Merkle of Autoconomy.com has not heard of any problems associated with the Cruze, but said GM needs a flawless launch in a competitive segment.

Launch of GM's Cruze delayed 3 months | detnews.com | The Detroit News

typical GM ....by the time it comes out the SUV will be back in.

GM is hoping that the price of gasoline keeps going up because if gasoline is under $3.00 a gallon the car will be a hard sell at $20K. if gasoline stays under $3.00 a gallon all small cars will be a tough sell.

GM is hoping that the price of gasoline keeps going up because if gasoline is under $3.00 a gallon the car will be a hard sell at $20K. if gasoline stays under $3.00 a gallon all small cars will be a tough sell.

Not to worry ,the oil companies are ready to stick it to us ASAP.Steel companies prices are in the same mood .:thumb

I'm single handedly breaking the back of OPEC by burning wood pellets rather than oil this winter.

It's interesting what you point out about the price of Gasoline and the small car market. Here in SE pennsylvania, we have four gasoline refineries, Three up the Delaware river is Sunoco, Chevron, and Hess. And about a mile down river is the Sunoco Eagle point refinery, which Sunoco just shut down last month. Reason, when gasoline costs less than $2.50 a gallon they can't make any money. All these years I've been reading that a lack of crude and high demands kept the cost of gasoline high. I must not be reading the right newspapers. What would happen if the price of gasoline went down to $2.00 a gallon? Would we have hire the Chinese to do the refining for us as well ? Seems these day no matter how you toss the dice, the chinese win, Americans lose ! ;shrug

Thanks Dwayne. :eyerole

I had to do something to keep my job during this recession. :thumb

It does appear I'm pretty good at this "milking" job though. It looks like I'm gonna be here in Lordstown, OH for another year or so. :W

Hecox

To be (sadly) serious, the delays are caused because GM fired all their good engineers and production people and those left cant deal with it!!:puke

From my position within GM the company did not fire their best people, several senior people accepted buyouts and early retirement. Anyone that's worth their salt knows a company suffers when they lose a chunk of senior, experienced people. On top of that GM then had to cut several more people to hit staffing numbers. GM kept motivated individuals they felt could help them out of the worst situation they have been in during their hundred year history.

Those individuals are striving to return their company to a profitable positive business during one of the worst economic times in our nations history.

Hopefully they will and can continue on successfully for several more decades, it definitely will not be an easy road to navigate.

To be (sadly) serious, the delays are caused because GM fired all their good engineers and production people and those left cant deal with it!!:puke

I made it through 5 staffing cuts. My department in GM has downsized 50% in the past 2 years. So. . . what are you saying about me??? :confused

Hecox

I made it through 5 staffing cuts. My department in GM has downsized 50% in the past 2 years. So. . . what are you saying about me??? :confused

Hecox

If GM fails they will need a fall guy.An inside source has told me your name is mentioned often.:wtcslap (Dwayne someone ?):D

Dont take my remarks personally --- I am on your side. You are well aware that for those who do survive that you have a rough time with a severely reduced staff. And INMHO there were so many great personnel let go, which by definition puts greater burden on those left. I wish you all well. It will be tough even if the economy turns.

No hard feelings here "njlouc". :)

I just want to let everyone here know that the delay of the Cruze is not my fault. :W I have completed all my Cruze related work on schedule. :thumb There are other groups that can't say as much. ;shrug We should have had this car out 3 years ago, it might have helped a little. You are right about the extra work load, it is getting ridiculous. :ugh

I have a new press project to install here then I'll be off to some other plant. If they don't fire me first. ;help

Hecox

Steve,
If ya take BudMan ya gotta take Me and the better half also. It wouldn't be bad BudMan and I don't eat much.

Hecox

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom