Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

lazy headlight passenger side

poorboys831

Corvette
1993 ruby red coupe
Hi there people-Ive got what seems to be a typical problem but the typical fix didn't work.My pass. side head lamp will go up half way but thats it .Replaced the nylon rollers but noticed that the gear shaft is sloppy when it's apart but seems fine when it's back together. replaced the gear same problem half way up ,moter seems to run fine but it will not raise the headlight past half way.It seems like the worm gear is coming away from the nylon gear or vice versa.Got any suggestions?-this is a 1993 lt1-thanks-I'm going out now to take out the assembly again and check out the reassembly

check the operation with the hood open. If it works then, check the coolant tube that runs along the chassis. Mine stuck out just far enough to catch the corner of the headlight bucket. hope this helps

hi bill-no there is no obstruction or anything hitting it. after running the lights up and down about 8 times I fiquired out that it isn't running the tub far enough to catch the spot that holds the lamp up or down. When i manually turn the lights up or down and LOCK it into place it will stay there. Then when I turn the lights back on or off it won't come out of that position -even though the motor runs it's cycle.I tried adjusting the worm gear but that didn't help either-one good thing-Ican get the tub in and out and apart in about 15 minutes -If anyone has any other suggestions I'm willing to listen:w thanks Dennis

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom