Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Led tail lights/turn signals

LEE CAUDEL

Corvette
82 Collector Edition, 2004 C5
I recently purchased a set of LED Tail light? turnsignals for my 82 after installing them they burn but want flash. even front ones don't flash. it would seem therefore to be a flasher problem , because the old ones work fine. .All the ones ive seen in the catalogs say they are plug and play. I put LED light bulbs in the back up lights. work great really lt up

Did you install any ballast resistors with the leds? The flasher needs these to work.
As an alternative you can replace the flasher with an LED compatible flasher.

Led lights

NO I DIDNOT INSTALL ANY BALLAST RESISTORS. WHAT KIND OF FLASHERE DO I NEED? IM NOT CUTTIND ANY WIRINGTO INSTALL THEM EITHER. THE ONES I HAVE SEEN IN THE CATALOGS SIMPLY PLUG INTO YOUR EXISTING SOCKETS, AS DID THE ONE I PURCHASED. NONSAY ANYTHING ABOUT A DIFFERENT FLASHER OR BALLast resistor

It will be called an LED flasher (or similar). It will still have the same two terminals that plug in where your old flasher was as well as an extra wire coming out of it. I believe the extra wire will need to be connected to ground. But there should be instructions with it.
This is the easiest way to do it. (the ballast resistors need to be connected at each lamp)

It will be called an LED flasher (or similar). It will still have the same two terminals that plug in where your old flasher was as well as an extra wire coming out of it. I believe the extra wire will need to be connected to ground. But there should be instructions with it.
This is the easiest way to do it. (the ballast resistors need to be connected at each lamp)

appreciate the heads up. will give it a try before returning them:cool!:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom