Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Let's See Stunning C5 Photos

I love this color combo:thumb Sometimes I wish that I'd waited to find a c5 in this combination.

2002 Speedway White/Torch Red Interior

Somewhere in the California desert....

100_1330.jpg
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w146/hdkeno/100_1330.jpg[/IMG]

I forgot the camera when I went cruising today and you just can't get very good photos with the camera phone... but it was all I had available. On the positive side, the weather was beautiful and as long as I stayed moving the 90 degree heat wasn't noticeable.

Will have to set aside a day for photos, there's a couple of garages downtown I think would be a great setting. :thumb

:wJane Ann

attachment.php

2012-07-15 18.39.08_02.jpg

Here's an artwork I made from a picture of my 2003 Torch Red Coupe, the same Vette that Jane Ann added in the previous post. I have some other examples of artwork using my Vette here.

USFlag1-OurC5-BBG800x698.jpg

I like #13 and #14 from your photobucket page. Did you do those or is that a template somewhere? I think I'd like to see my Corvette like that.

RaceFlags2-BBG800x800.jpg

RaceFlags3-WBG720x800.jpg

I like #13 and #14 from your photobucket page. Did you do those or is that a template somewhere? I think I'd like to see my Corvette like that.

I did them using GIMP and a lot of my time that the wife thought could be used for more productive purposes. :L

If you send me some pictures I'll make some artwork for you - no charge - it's a fun hobby - PM me.

I sent a couple of artworks to Blue Heron and got some t-shirts that I wear to Corvette events. I'm waiting for a 7 x 14 fabric patch of some artwork that I'm going to try out on top of my C5's cargo shade. I found a company that can take an artwork and using a CNC machine carve the image into a wooden plaque - I've not tried having that done - yet. Another cool thing you can do is have the artwork carved into a lithophane.

Sent you a PM

Here's the collage that RBS-C5 did for me. I printed it up to 16 x 20 and framed it. It looks pretty dang good. Thanks Bob!

Board2b480x600_zps9d15be4d.png

pls take care when shooting;

without question our cars are the most beautiful post-midyear models ever (not counting the horrible 1963), but we must take care in our photos that wires, posts, trees, buildings, fences, road stripes, etc., are not shot so as they look to be growing out of our cars;

after all, they did not come from the factory with those "accessories"!

of course, a Corvette Babe growing out of one is another thing entirely (and no, males do not quite cut it, sorry, ladies);

and before you ask, my wife constantly fights with her mother over who is the no.1 Corvette Babe in the family; :_rock

well.....

this is a splendid effort, pretty good exposure throughout the frame on the first two, but...see that there tree growing out of the yellow nose in the first image?

and a trash can? really?

then in the second one, well, is it me, or is the nose growing into the wall?

i suppose it is something of a "Field of Dreams" shot..but maybe a cornfield might've been better than a stone wall;

this does not detract at all from the effort and vision that went into these shots;

it's just a few short steps from what we have to magazine cover quality shots, and for all the care i know all us owners put into our cars, they and we deserve that quality, which is well within our grasp;

So dreameagle, a couple of things; we encourage everyone to post photos of their Corvettes, even those snapped by amateur photographers because we want everyone to enjoy the site and share pix of their pride and joy without fear of flaming, ridicule or criticism. We want them to feel comfortable participating in our community because that's what the CAC is all about.

And since you're new to our community, you're probably not aware that we're a "family oriented" site and we discourage "babe" photos. If you check the Corvette Action Center | Terms of Service and the Corvette Action Center | Terms of Service | Rules of Conduct it should answer any questions you may have.

Enjoy the forums and please, post photos of your Electron Blue C5. Electron Blue is a beautiful Corvette color.
:wJane Ann
XLR8
Forums Administrator
Corvette Action Center

this is a splendid effort, pretty good exposure throughout the frame on the first two, but...
...You joined the site almost 9 years ago. You have 5 recorded posts in 9 years. Your two most recent posts have been in this thread and they were overall more critical of the person posting than they were complimentary.

it's just a few short steps from what we have to magazine cover quality shots, and for all the care i know all us owners put into our cars, they and we deserve that quality, which is well within our grasp
There's a huge knowledge gap between regular people shooting pics of their cars and having a professional do it, not just a few short steps. While I agree that a major portion of a picture is lighting and how it's framed, that's way way easier said than done, as rarely do those perfect conditions exist. Any artistic skill takes years to hone. It's like saying it's only a few short steps between playing in a community jazz band and playing alongside Coltrane or (Yard)Bird.

As XLR8 alluded to prior, we'd all love to see your professional or near-professional shots that you've taken of your car. Just go out right now and grab a few. It's only a few short steps, right? (I'm sure they'll be better than your old profile pic from 20 years ago.) :D

please stop injecting implications that are just not there;

well, Jane, i can see where the term "Corvette babe" can trigger thoughts of scantily-clad twenty-somethings with dreams of lifetime Hollywood contracts;

i could draw inferences from your implications that i married one and her mom is another, but can you see how patently false that would be? i can, so i see no need to draw those inferences;

look, it doesn't take a professional photographer to know to tell all the pranksters to stop putting up bunny-rabbit fingers behind other relatives in the family pictures;

we don't take pictures of relatives with their mouths overloaded with food at the family outing, do we?

cannot the same thing apply to branches, poles and trash cans in our own pictures?

what does it matter how many times i comment over however long?

if what you're really saying is you don't like my comments, then just say so, and i won't even ask if your Corvette is being eaten by telephone poles, trash cans and trees in your pictures--in fact, i'll stop commenting altogether, if it helps to make your forum appear more family oriented; :_rock

Here's the collage that RBS-C5 did for me. I printed it up to 16 x 20 and framed it. It looks pretty dang good. Thanks Bob!

Board2b480x600_zps9d15be4d.png

That is awesome. Maybe he should go into business doing that for a fee for members of CAC. I'd love to get a collage of my corvettes.

That is awesome. Maybe he should go into business doing that for a fee for members of CAC. I'd love to get a collage of my corvettes.

This is your lucky day.:happyanim:

I'll do a free collage design for anyone who wants one - just send me a PM if you are interested.

See this thread over in the Off Topic area.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom