Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Let's See Stunning C5 Photos

...You joined the site almost 9 years ago. You have 5 recorded posts in 9 years. Your two most recent posts have been in this thread and they were overall more critical of the person posting than they were complimentary.

There's a huge knowledge gap between regular people shooting pics of their cars and having a professional do it, not just a few short steps. While I agree that a major portion of a picture is lighting and how it's framed, that's way way easier said than done, as rarely do those perfect conditions exist. Any artistic skill takes years to hone. It's like saying it's only a few short steps between playing in a community jazz band and playing alongside Coltrane or (Yard)Bird.

As XLR8 alluded to prior, we'd all love to see your professional or near-professional shots that you've taken of your car. Just go out right now and grab a few. It's only a few short steps, right? (I'm sure they'll be better than your old profile pic from 20 years ago.) :D

I agree with Evolution1980. I'd rather see what an amateur pic than no pic at all. Let's encourage interaction on here not discourage it. I'd say 5 posts in 9 years does not qualify Dreameagle as an active participant but certainly a critical one . And whether he is aware of it his comment " of course, a Corvette Babe growing out of one is another thing entirely (and no, males do not quite cut it, sorry, ladies)" is totally a gender biased and prejudcial statement - if you can put a female "babe" in your posted pics then Jan can put a male "babe" in hers!!!!. :beer Let's keep the posts fun and get more participation not less.
That being said I offer up my own amateur effort!

16.jpg

punching out;

I agree with Evolution1980. I'd rather see what an amateur pic than no pic at all. Let's encourage interaction on here not discourage it. I'd say 5 posts in 9 years does not qualify Dreameagle as an active participant but certainly a critical one . And whether he is aware of it his comment " of course, a Corvette Babe growing out of one is another thing entirely (and no, males do not quite cut it, sorry, ladies)" is totally a gender biased and prejudcial statement - if you can put a female "babe" in your posted pics then Jan can put a male "babe" in hers!!!!. :beer Let's keep the posts fun and get more participation not less.
That being said I offer up my own amateur effort!

View attachment 11132

that's it, enough;

put all the trash cans and finger bunny-ears in your family-oriented photos you like, folks!

when people here have to strive for veracity by attempting to create quantity with quality (5 times in 9 years....really?), when they feel the need to prove their point by totally confusing equal with equivalent (men and women are equivalent, NOT equal--X does NOT equal Y on anyone's chromosone chart, which is why there cannot be now or ever such a thing as a male "babe"), it is time to go for at least another nine years;

by the way, i noticed no trash cans or bunny ears in this photo--now is that or is that not being family oriented, or perhaps i'm being to critical?

oh, and one last thing--no part of my name (which i'd shortened to one word for your convenience) now or ever has been captialised--in some circles (namely, those of my grandfathers) that would be considered completely culturally biased and Eurocentric...rock on; :_rock

Last edited:
that's it, enough;

put all the trash cans and finger bunny-ears in your family-oriented photos you like, folks!

when people here have to strive for veracity by attempting to create quantity with quality (5 times in 9 years....really?), when they feel the need to prove their point by totally confusing equal with equivalent (men and women are equivalent, NOT equal--X does NOT equal Y on anyone's chromosone chart, which is why there cannot be now or ever such a thing as a male "babe"), it is time to go for at least another nine years;

by the way, i noticed no trash cans or bunny ears in this photo--now is that or is that not being family oriented, or perhaps i'm being to critical?

oh, and one last thing--no part of my name (which i'd shortened to one word for your convenience) now or ever has been captialised--in some circles (namely, those of my grandfathers) that would be considered completely culturally biased and Eurocentric...rock on; :_rock

I agree. Enough is enough.

And regarding your remarks on quantity and quality, you've missed the mark on both. Whether or not I like your comments is not the issue; whether or not they fit within the boundaries laid by the Forum Rules of Conduct is.

Your posts are rude and inconsiderate of others; your remarks are snarly and caustic and come across as mean spirited and condescending.

Re-think your words carefully and hopefully you will come to the conclusion that our site is intended for the enjoyment of everyone - regardless of education, skills, political leanings, gender, etc. and you will change the tone of your posts to adhere to that philosophy.

If not, then you should realize that there are consequences for your actions, up to and including permanent banning.

Jane Ann
XLR8
Forums Administrator
Corvette Action Center

Dadman, I like your picture very much and doesn't look all that amateurish to me. Keep them coming.

dreameagle, take a chill-pill. If you want to start a thread helping us to become better photographers great. I think there are many who would appreciate some help (me included), but you come across way too negatively. Be more constructive with your criticism, not demeaning. I know I have quite a bit to learn about doing some really great photos of cars.

Really people !!!
I look in to the C5 Forum a couple times a week. The first Topic I look for is "Let's See Stunning C5 Photos", by far my favorite topic ever. I enjoy seeing the pictures of your Vette people. The Year, Model, Color, Modifications etc don't matter, I just like looking at them (all).

Please remove all this inane chatter (including my post) and let em post pics.
Sam

RBS-C5 worked his magic on several shots of my C5 and produced this wonderful poster. Thanks Bob! Love what you do!

image001.jpg

Really people !!!
I look in to the C5 Forum a couple times a week. The first Topic I look for is "Let's See Stunning C5 Photos", by far my favorite topic ever. I enjoy seeing the pictures of your Vette people. The Year, Model, Color, Modifications etc don't matter, I just like looking at them (all).

Please remove all this inane chatter (including my post) and let em post pics.
Sam
It's been my experience that the best way to get a thread back on track is to move on past any off-topic posts and return to the original topic.

In that vein, let's see a photo of your Spiral Gray C5, Sam. :thumb

:wJane Ann

attachment.php

Hey - what's with all the "silver"? :chuckle j/k guys.

Very nice Toque!

And Bob's collage of Rick's silver FRC looks great too!

Not to be outdone, I'm compelled to insert a RED one in here.

attachment.php

First is a poster photo done by one of our members: “RBS-C5” (Bob).

Bob loves to do the photo work and he does it as a "Hobby" Contact him he is a great person with more patience and talent than anyone else I have ever met..

His passion can be seen in the Collage he did for RARE & ABBY.. Both photos below are originally sized for a 18" X 22" framing :dance and a whole lot more pixel than what I shrunk them down too for posting here ;)

Bob and I spend the better part of 4 days back and forth. I took a few more photos in the drive way and out in front of the house, sent them to Bob and he did his magic.

Bob also gave me a link to more poster sized Collage’s and Photos of our two Corvettes, and they too are fantastic for framing, and Bob does not charge a cent for his time, talent and just being a great guy to work with..

If y’all are on the fence or maybe considering doing this with RBS-C5 I “Personally Endorse” him and nicknamed him "The Photo Miracle Man";)

I hope my messing with size to shrink it to fit here at the Action Center I haven't lost too much detail.. (All are for 18" x 22" framing..)

Drum Roll and for you viewing and my great pleasure I give you
ABBY
ghostabby1cac.jpg

ABBY & RARE
abbyrarecollagecac.jpg

THANK You RBS-C5 “Bob”

Bud​

Ok Why aren't more folks taking advantage of our member RBS-C5 (Bob's) "Free....YES FREE!!" Offer to make YOU a "FREE" Collage Poster...

FREE means at NO COST to you. YOUR only cost is getting your FREE COLLAGE printed where ever you want too..

Bob and I have maintained communications, I asked him if he is swamped and he told me there is only one of our members since me that has contacted him with photo's to make a Collage, and it ain't a Corvette that he is making a Collage of...

Come on folks... RBS-C5 (Bob) is going through withdrawals from lack of items to do... next thing you know he may start taking photo's of Pacers or Gremlins and doing Collages just to do something that he LOVES doing...

I can't say it any plainer or simplify it... just take a few moments and send Bob an email with some photo's and see what he can do for you...

Bud

First is a poster photo done by one of our members: “RBS-C5” (Bob).

Bob loves to do the photo work and he does it as a "Hobby" Contact him he is a great person with more patience and talent than anyone else I have ever met..

His passion can be seen in the Collage he did for RARE & ABBY.. Both photos below are originally sized for a 18" X 22" framing :dance and a whole lot more pixel than what I shrunk them down too for posting here ;)

Bob and I spend the better part of 4 days back and forth. I took a few more photos in the drive way and out in front of the house, sent them to Bob and he did his magic.

Bob also gave me a link to more poster sized Collage’s and Photos of our two Corvettes, and they too are fantastic for framing, and Bob does not charge a cent for his time, talent and just being a great guy to work with..

If y’all are on the fence or maybe considering doing this with RBS-C5 I “Personally Endorse” him and nicknamed him "The Photo Miracle Man";)

I hope my messing with size to shrink it to fit here at the Action Center I haven't lost too much detail.. (All are for 18" x 22" framing..)

Drum Roll and for you viewing and my great pleasure I give you
ABBY
ghostabby1cac.jpg

ABBY & RARE
abbyrarecollagecac.jpg

THANK You RBS-C5 “Bob”

Bud​

Ok Why aren't more folks taking advantage of our member RBS-C5 (Bob's) "Free....YES FREE!!" Offer to make YOU a "FREE" Collage Poster...

FREE means at NO COST to you. YOUR only cost is getting your FREE COLLAGE printed where ever you want too..

Bob and I have maintained communications, I asked him if he is swamped and he told me there is only one of our members since me that has contacted him with photo's to make a Collage, and it ain't a Corvette that he is making a Collage of...

Come on folks... RBS-C5 (Bob) is going through withdrawals from lack of items to do... next thing you know he may start taking photo's of Pacers or Gremlins and doing Collages just to do something that he LOVES doing...

I can't say it any plainer or simplify it... just take a few moments and send Bob an email with some photo's and see what he can do for you...

Bud

I think they are neat, I hope folks take advantage of it. I may send some pics his way soon!

I will try with a tone mapped version of my 03. I got her last week with 33700 on the clock. Shot using my Pentax K5 and my Tamron 10-24 at 10mm. I love wide angle shots!

56829_4344285522712_1616351434_o.jpg

Awesome work! I love the HDR images you've done! :thumb

Thanks Jane Ann I will be trying some Infra red shot soon! I think they will look pretty cool!

Don't forget to share! :thumb I promise not to :drool: on them.

almost crying

Well, I just put my SMOKIN Z to bed for the winter. I know so far the weather is nice but, If I keep driving her I'm sure I will run into Snow somewhere. So all I can pray for now is SPRING:happyanim::happyanim:come on SPRING.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom