Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Little red Corvette burns in garage blaze

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Little red Corvette burns in garage blaze

Classic car valued around $60,000

By Nicholas Penzenstadler of the Journal Sentinel
Posted: July 2, 2009

Milwaukee County - Hales Corners' annual Fourth of July car show will be missing a cherry 1967 Chevy Corvette this weekend.

The car was reduced to smoldering ash, one of two 'Vettes destroyed in a garage fire.

The fire in the 10000 block of Spring Green Road on Thursday started in Robert Rambousek's garage. The first call came in to the Greenfield Fire Department at 1:26 p.m.

Rambousek said he had his friend's red 427 big block 1967 Chevy Corvette in his attached garage awaiting detailing to show in the annual event, sponsored by Holz Chevrolet.

Full Story: Little red Corvette burns in garage blaze - JSOnline

I think I'm going to be sick. :cry

Long story short, a neighbor's Lincon emulated itself in the garage, (below kids rooms) the FD station Captian was critical that there were no sprinklers in a garage adjecent to bedrooms..... After that I installed sprinklers in my shop and garage! (BTW it was common for that year lincon 97 I think to catch fire, the arson investingator walked up said "lincon huh.. there's your problem")Our new house is also sprinkeled. The fire had been working for a long time before discovered, MELTED the interior/exterior plastic in his wife's Jeep Cherokee.
LESSON, sprinkle garage and SHOP!

WHEN I have your wounded
Charlie

Hey Jane Ann!
I felt kinda stupid standing there, with fire guys... one of those "why didnt I think of that" moments... It cost me < $ 100 to sprinkle house and another $75 to do the shop, I used bigger pipe for the house to get max flow of water

Charlie

Hey Jane Ann!
I felt kinda stupid standing there, with fire guys... one of those "why didnt I think of that" moments... ...............Charlie

I know the feeling! Been there, done that many times! :L

The idea is not cost prohibitive and provides a great deal of peace of mind and safety. I think it's one of those things most of us just never think of when building or remodeling.
-JA

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom