Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Long tube headers anyone ?

Robert, do the extra long tubes, prior to the collector, with Hooker sidemounts count? :D

Robert, do the extra long tubes, prior to the collector, with Hooker side mounts count? :D

No my friend, they don't count. ;shrug

I am using a complete 3" under car exhaust system, and I want the fastest exit for the spent fuel, and with the least obstructions. I have been using different side exhaust mufflers for years now, and they are much too restrictive for my liking.

Stepinwolf

Hello Robert
The 2.125 in tubes that Hooker sells is large in dia for what most guys need. They get away with it by going to a long primary tube
If you want to go a large dia and under the car, I would make sure it is longer for tube length. If you go shorter then you may want to go to a smaller dia primary
I cannot go under the car with mine. I am going to go out the side but I am talking to a guy to make up custom mufflers for my side exhaust to get it as quiet as I can without blowing the mufflers up. I think I am going to have header dumps right at the front fenders and then go back with a long muffler
take care
Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom