Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT1 EFI

400hp_76

Corvette
Black 1976 STINGRAY cpe, T-tops
I found a site while doing a search for EFI solutions where the guy converts lt1 manifolds to fit SBC..My thinking is you can find LT1 parts for really cheap. Find a manifold, have it converted to fit your sbc. use the stock lt1 computer and control it with lt1 edit to customize the injection to your application. Help me figure out why this would not work.

http://www.lt1intake.com/files/pricelist.html

http://carputing.tripod.com/9697lt1edit.htm

I would be weary of the routing of the coolant/thermostat lines since the LT1 is a dry intake manifold.I think i would spend the extra money and get the TPIS mini ram instead.

I would be weary of the routing of the coolant/thermostat lines since the LT1 is a dry intake manifold.I think i would spend the extra money and get the TPIS mini ram instead.

The TGO guys have been doing this for years. The TPIS miniram is just an expensive alternative to doing it yourself.

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/alternative-port-efi-intakes/371751-post-pics-lt1-intake.html

If you are really trying to save the money- do the work yourself or have someone else do it for a reasonable price.

I have an LT1 intake and I may install it next summer myself. Right now, I'm happy w/ my TPI.

Are you running the stock radiator? I'm looking for a lower hose that will fit my stock radiator and mate to the tpi water pump. Anyone have any sugestions?
tom

Are you running the stock radiator? I'm looking for a lower hose that will fit my stock radiator and mate to the tpi water pump. Anyone have any sugestions?
tom

I'm using the stock water pump and radiator. Just use the OEM stye hose if you are running the stock parts.

Where it gets tricky is finding the right hose from the TPI t-stat housing to the OEM radiator. My advice is to use toilet tissue rolls to make a mock up. Take that mock up to the local parts house and find a hose that most closely matches your cardboard mock up. You'll find a prefab hose that will match but you'll likely need to cut the ends off to get the usable portion you'll need.

I went with a 360* swivel housing. That allowed me to position the inlet wherever I wanted. Plus, it was chrome and matched my polished intake.

L82_TPI_side.jpg

L82back.jpg

After doing a little more research i found the stealthram intake...If you dont want the hassle of converting the LT1 manifold you could go with the stealthram. It is a great piece and from articles ive read makes great power. Its a direct bolt on piece. I think that if you are handy enough and want to save money the lt1 is the route to take. The lt1 intakes are cheap and you can reuse stock fuel lines and regulator..Those two alone can save you a few hundred bucks.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom