Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

master cylinder Q for '85

sb66

Corvette
1985 Corvette 2 tone blue coupe
well now that the fluid is clean and flushed - the problem persists

brake pedal holds, slowly goes down about an inch holds then another inch my foot applying constant heavy pressure

an abrupt stops can happen ok and a slow down stop as well - but the pedal does work it's way down

does that sound like master cylinder?

just curious - besides being a new and not rebuilt - does any one have any experience with dorman, cardone, centric or raybestos brake master cylinder? or even another brand that you trust?

bleeding the system does not seem to have helped the brake pedal hold.

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Sean

Wagner or Raybestos. Never dealt with the others.

Its a hydraulic issue.

well now that the fluid is clean and flushed - the problem persists

brake pedal holds, slowly goes down about an inch holds then another inch my foot applying constant heavy pressure

an abrupt stops can happen ok and a slow down stop as well - but the pedal does work it's way down

does that sound like master cylinder?

just curious - besides being a new and not rebuilt - does any one have any experience with dorman, cardone, centric or raybestos brake master cylinder? or even another brand that you trust?

bleeding the system does not seem to have helped the brake pedal hold.

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Sean

Hi Sean,

After fully rebuilding my brake system on my 84, and having issues with the bleeders in the rebuilt Cardone Calipers, I suspect either a dodgy bleeder (maybe crap in it) or the master cylinder.
The masters are meant to bled on the bench, but with some of the pressure bleeders, you should be able to get around this.

Check lines also for signs of leaking, this would indicate an air leak.

:beer

Tony

thanks
I ordered the raybestos and am going to attempt the bench bleed before installing

thnks
Sean

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom