Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Mileage report

I have 115,612 miles on my L81, I have only driven it about 22 miles since 2002, I recently replaced all four brake calipers because I let it set to long. I had better get in gear and get the old girl in shape for the Cruise Fest at Bowling Green in June!:)

Vette81 said:
I have 115,612 miles on my L81, I have only driven it about 22 miles since 2002, I recently replaced all four brake calipers because I let it set to long. I had better get in gear and get the old girl in shape for the Cruise Fest at Bowling Green in June!:)
Hey Bro..Grizz
GREAT seeing you posting :D So you are going to CruiseFest III.... you and Chris ENJOY yourselves, I'll be there in spirit ;)

Bud

78,000 and counting....Fully original except for color. I put around 1,000 miles every summer.

Had 70,000 when I bought it (end of 2003). Runnin' smooth :D

MILAGE REPORT

I have 25,000 original, I am 3rd owner with 3 years ownership, I dont put much on it. Last year I used only 3/4 of a tank of gas. mostly shows.

Peter is it necessary to change the fuel vapor canister or just the thin round filter??? How does one get inside the canister???

Thanks!

I have 41K plus, 3rd owner. Mostly driven for local shows and cruises and a occasional visit to the local Sonic Drive In. It still commands looks and comments wherever it goes.:upthumbs

Diver said:
I have 41K plus, 3rd owner. Mostly driven for local shows and cruises and a occasional visit to the local Sonic Drive In. It still commands looks and comments wherever it goes.:upthumbs
which of your rides gets more looks and comments...the '81 or the '06? Both are very sharp cars!

Peter is it necessary to change the fuel vapor canister or just the thin round filter??? How does one get inside the canister???

Thanks!

I don't think your reply compleetly belongs in this topic Bill but I'll give a quick answer.

It should be enough to change the round filter only. The problem I have is that i still don't know how to get inside the canister..

Back on topic! :)

Groeten Peter.

Mine has 111,630 +/- but that is in kilometers.

I have been sooooooooooooo busy that I have hardly had it out of the garage, dang when does the fun start?

Chuck

chockey said:
I have been sooooooooooooo busy that I have hardly had it out of the garage, dang when does the fun start?

Chuck
geez,chuck,I've already had mine out!!!!!500 miles already this year!!!!:upthumbs

bill.......:w

bill81vette said:
geez,chuck,I've already had mine out!!!!!500 miles already this year!!!!:upthumbs

bill.......:w

Yupper, somebody needs to slap me silly. Gee we are looking at another weekend of rain. Please forgive me.

CHuck

:w Bill,

Don't worry about Chuck :Steer ...... .. as soon as they figure out who gets to keep the puck until next season, ole Chuck will be back "on the road again" ;LOL .. ;)

Bud

Rare81 said:
:w Bill,

Don't worry about Chuck :Steer ...... .. as soon as they figure out who gets to keep the puck until next season, ole Chuck will be back "on the road again" ;LOL .. ;)

Bud

there are priorities in life and sometimes sports is on of them!;LOL ;)

bill...........:w

Geesh guys, I'm kinda takin a thumpin here, my wife and I are with her elderly father every night. My weekends are consumed with everything that I can't get done during the week. I do squeeze in 9 holes of golf on Wednesday but last year found some doof leaning his golf bag on my vette while he changed his shoes so I'm reluctant to drive it there.

2 years and 2 months I will offically pull the rip cord and give up my full time job, hopefully there will be a golf course that needs somebody to keep the ball washers full.

Chuck

I hear ya on your father in-law had to do the same thing with our parents when the time came!ya gotta do,what ya gotta do!!!
thats first no matter what!!

good luck with it,chuck:upthumbs

bill..........:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom