Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Millennium Yellow Owners Sign in Here!

Why did I pick a yellow vette.....hmmm.....

Well, for me, it dates back to the Competition Yellow vettes of the early 90's. I always wanted a '93 or '94 Z07 6sp. I figured I would buy one when I returned from Germany. Well, this car sort of fell in my lap at a good time for me and I have not had regret #1. It certainly attracts the bugs; but, here in Italy, as it did in Germany, it also attracts people. Unfortunately, mostly guys and kids (which I don't mind) but not many women. Oh well.

P8180034.jpg
Well I picked Yellow because I really dont like colors.Just about every car I have every owned was white or black.

I also have a 1966 sunfire Yellow car at home and thought they should match,I am in the process of building another vette and it will also be Millenium Yellow .

Plus at the time no one else in my area had a yellow vette.

About a week before I bought my Corvette the wife and I went down to order a new 2004 GTO. I wanted the red and the wife just went "Red! Are you nuts? All I see is you getting pulled over for speeding! Red!?" So I look down the color chart, "well, I'm not a yellow car kind of a guy..." and none of the other colors worked for me, so we walked out. A week later I spot this Millenium Yellow Corvette (convertible, with light oak top & interior) and start involuntarily drooling and she says "well if you like that, why don't you buy it?" Love the yellow, but then again Corvettes look great in any color.

Bruce

Yes - They R Bug Magnets !

Z06ADCT said:
Speaking of yellow jackets; has anyone noticed how the yellow attracts bees? I was talking with a friend who saw my car and they mentioned that they had a bad experience with bees when they were on a yellow motorcycle and therefore would never buy a yellow car. There have been several occasions now where I have been commuting on the freeway at about 5 or 10 mph in bumper to bumper traffic and bees have tried flying into my drivers side window or actually land on the car. Even at home washing the car, bugs tend to alight on it. Perhaos on yellow, they are simply more visible, but ever after my friend's statement, I have noticed that bees have quite an affinity for my car. Has anyone else notice this?

Craig
Maybe they aren't just Chick Magnets, I've also noticed that bees/bugs like gathering on our Millennium Yellow Corvette.

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

Magnets

6 Shooter said:
Maybe they aren't just Chick Magnets, I've also noticed that bees/bugs like gathering on our Millennium Yellow Corvette.

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter
Perhaps the MY gives off some sort of desirable infra-red signal to the bugs. We need to identify and refocus this more for the chick aspect of the car.

Craig

it can't be...

I think the BUGS are attracted to the YELLOW, but the CHICKS are repelled by the BUGS! :eek
:L

MsSchroder said:
I think the BUGS are attracted to the YELLOW, but the CHICKS are repelled by the BUGS! :eek
:L
Well Tammy, since you own the "magical MY" color; I think we can safely say that YOU, like the bugs, were attracted and THAT is why you bought it! The one you test drove probably was bug-less at the time.:J

Craig

My color choices where red, silver, black ... (in that order) then saw a yellow one and said no way was I going to own a yellow Vette ... then the wife sat in it and took it for a spin while I waited .... that did it ... the rest is history. I think the C5 is one of the few cars that can get away with yellow ... besides being a awsome car the yellow color just adds to the overal looks ... If I get a C6 it's going to be "yellow" ....

Although I presently do not own a vette, yet, a MY C5 is one of the top 3 on my list. The other colors are Magnetic Red and Torch Red.

Here is a very interesting photo I shot of my yellow 02 coupe at the Woodward Dream Cruise this past summer(August). I took the shot from the roof of my store. I didn't realise that as I took it a new yellow C6 was crossing into the shot. Boy was I suprised when I downloaded the picture from my camera. Friends all say it is an omen of things to come.:) Take alook of the picture (ghost) athttp://community.webshots.com/user/vetahlk Also in (garage) are shots of my recently completed "garagemahal"

John:w :v

I just liked the color. I really don't like the "weaker" yellows or the older musterdy yellows, but I really like the MY on the Corvettes ever since it first came out in 2000. I don't think it looks as good on the convertibles or the glass topped coupes but I especially like it on the Z06s - particularly with the sun shinning on it, especially in the area where the "B" pillar comes down from the roof and blends in to the rest of the body. My wife thinks it will be a cop magnet - but that is what she said about the red '01 Camaro SS when I bought it and I never got stopped while driving it (I guess she remembered the ticket for doing 115 in a 70 that my '97 white with orange striped 30th anniversary Z28 received - the car received it not me - I was shopping and walked out to find the car surrounded by cops - long story!). I told her that the yellow would be a good thing - the car would show up better at night so there would be less chance of some jerk running in to me - thats why they now paint fire trucks yellow.

Kevin
'04 MY Z06 purchased two days ago and sitting in the sun in the parking lot at work waiting for me to get off - 50s and sunny in KC today :)

Yeller

Years ago I owned a 74 Z-28 which I had painted 73 Corvette Yellow. One of my biggest regrets is getting rid of that car and my wife constantly reminds me of it. When I took a day off of work to relax a while back, I quickly found myself bored so I wandered down to the Chevy dealer to look around, They had seven new Corvettes there with a smokin deal on all of them. I called my wife and told her where I was and that I was looking at the Vette's. I could hear her eyes rolling back in her sockets :eyerole as she said "AS LONG AS IT'S YELLOW" WOW I thought, That was easy :upthumbs I drove it home in less than an hour and it was parked in the Garage when she got home. No regrets, I love the color. She hasn't brought up my Z-28 since. :L

Yer all Yella

Hey Everyone,
New here to the site but I sure do have a love for these great cars.

Hey Joe, cool photo with the photographer's reflection in the badge.

That would make a nice Avatar or Signature.

Tammy

Yellow Corvettes

I've had three yellow Corvettes. My first, a 1973 Corvette Coupe yellow color code 952. I loved it. My second was a 95 Corvette coupe ,competition yellow code 53. Beautiful Corvette. My third and not last is a 2004 Corvette Coupe, millennium yellow code 79. What a super Corvette. And yes my next one will be yellow again, it's the BEST. Save the Wave.>George

Welcome aboard George, check out the yellow jacket site... very cool.
Joe
:bar:

Millennium Yellow Owner

MsSchroder said:
Are you a MY C5 owner?
If so, step forward please, so that we may see you better (that color tends to fade into the background ;))

What made you choose your color?

For me, it was my inner rebel breaking through after being repressed for 39 years :D

Tammy
Hi Tammy, here is my 2004 Millennium Yellow Vette!

Fred

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom