Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Millennium Yellow Owners Sign in Here!

Banana Republic???

Ladies and Gentlemen, the gauntlet has been thrown down.
Patrick has named this the BANANA REPUBLIC Thread!
Are we to stand for this??
I must insist that the color is NOT a Banana Yellow.
I submit, for your inspection, Banana Yellow.
0008-0407-1907-0749_SM.jpg

It is pale, greenish, softish and pungent, in a not-very-nice way.

Millennium Yellow struts. It shouts. It vibrates. It Screams!
screaming.jpg

Is that banana yellow? Would you want to make banana bread out of that?

Banana Yellow is pale. It is soft. It is... wimpy and submissive. Even infantile....

B0002LGFQA.01-A2QVIHFCG19O1S._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Those who would disparage the screaming yellow beauty have called it "DOT yellow"
bx124qpd.gif

And I admit, I can see the mistake might be made, especially with active handling turned off.

It could even be called Schoolbus Yellow:
0027-0402-1711-0309_SM.jpg

Caterpillar Yellow:
cat.dcs.cmms.servlet.ImageServlet

And my favorite, Sunflower Yellow:
0004-0409-0307-1819_SM.jpg
0001-0406-0715-4818_SM.jpg

It even comes close to Spunky Banana Yellow (sorry, couldn't direct link because I exceeded the number of images!)

(In this photo the term "spunky" is being rather charitable.)

But Plain Banana Yellow? I think not. Am I wrong here?

Tammy

BANANA REPUBLIC Thread?

Pure Jealousy, that's all it is! :upthumbs

Remember when kids started calling names, it was jealousy.

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

MsSchroder said:
Ladies and Gentlemen, the gauntlet has been thrown down.
Patrick has named this the BANANA REPUBLIC Thread!
Are we to stand for this??
I must insist that the color is NOT a Banana Yellow.
Am I wrong here?

Tammy
Are you wrong? Emphatically not! Color of a banana? Why, I never heard of such! LOL!
Great post Tammy; perfectly graphic and descriptive of our little yellow beauties. Millennium Yellow is the color of the sunlight, the giver of life. Millennium Yellow, virtually by the name itself, only comes along once in a 1000 years. It is cause for celebration. Banana Republic indeed! Ha!

Blockhouse11-26-04007.jpg

Z_OH_6 said:
Are you wrong? Emphatically not! Color of a banana? Why, I never heard of such! LOL!
Great post Tammy; perfectly graphic and descriptive of our little yellow beauties. Millennium Yellow is the color of the sunlight, the giver of life. Millennium Yellow, virtually by the name itself, only comes along once in a 1000 years. It is cause for celebration. Banana Republic indeed! Ha!

Blockhouse11-26-04007.jpg
Your Yellow Vette is a thing of beauty and as soon as I get my pictures I will show you my Yellow Vette and my Red Vette:beer

[QUOTE='04 Torch Red]Your Yellow Vette is a thing of beauty and as soon as I get my pictures I will show you my Yellow Vette and my Red Vette:beer[/QUOTE] Thank you Kenny!! Only thing better than a beautiful Corvette, is TWO beautiful Corvettes! :) Can't wait to see the photos. Happy New Year! :beer

Hmm, it seems the owner of a "dull, drab" color Z06 has touched a nerve. :L

Okay, fair enough, Tammy. Banana Republic may not be completely accurate. But you did forget a very important yellow in your dissertation. Tweety Bird!

attachment.php

Yes, that little scamp who routinely frustrates a hungry Sylvester cat. The loveable fowl with the lisp. Our friend, Tweety! The official mascot of the Banana Repub- er, Mil Yellow thread.

I commend Tweety to you, Tammy! "I taught I taw a dull, dwab cowored Corvette!" ;LOL

<evil laugh> And here you thought I was too "yeller." :D

-Patrick

CORed91 said:

Okay, fair enough, Tammy. Banana Republic may not be completely accurate. But you did forget a very important yellow in your dissertation. Tweety Bird!
Yes, that little scamp who routinely frustrates a hungry Sylvester cat. The loveable fowl with the lisp. Our friend, Tweety! The official mascot of the Banana Repub- er, Mil Yellow thread.
I commend Tweety to you, Tammy! "I taught I taw a dull, dwab cowored Corvette!"

-Patrick
Patrick, this is too funny, LOL!! But in all seriousness, you have to remember that that little yellow bird always outran that big, black *****cat, Sylvester. And, too, you used an old photo of little Tweety. He's been bulking up on Millennium Yellow steroids. I, for one, wouldn't mess with him now!!

10000971.jpg

No, there's no steroids or bulking up there. It's all Hollywood effects.

See, this is how Tweety looks when you take the camouflage off:
15561.jpg

Hey, you Banana Repub, er, Milly Yellow owners have some merchandising opportunities you can take advantage of, now that you have your official mascot. Consider, you can have bowling balls:

BrunsTweety.gif

You can have Pez dispensers:
tweety.jpg

And what self respecting Milly Yellow Corvette owner would want to have their sports car seen WITHOUT one of these nifty peel-on window decals?

Tweety%20Bird.JPG

Long Live the Tweety Bird Thread!
:D

-Patrick

Yo Tammy....

Dont let the "Avs Thug" bother your thread:SLAP ...If you need a hand let me know and i will check him high into the corner boards and watch him slump down in a turtle like position...black runs thru the veins of Avs fan....so his car color is no surprize....Avs fan is like the Raider fan of the NHL.;)

Just my humble opinion:gap
-Chas:w

Proud owner of code 952 Bight Yellow 1973 Corvette Stingray Coupe:_rock

:L
CORed91 said:
Hmm, it seems the owner of a "dull, drab" color Z06 has touched a nerve.

attachment.php

I commend Tweety to you, Tammy! "I taught I taw a dull, dwab cowored Corvette!" ;LOL

-Patrick
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And here is what black looks good on...
elvis_in_backseat3.jpg

:L:L You go Patrick...

CORed91 said:

attachment.php

-Patrick
=========================================================
"I see a red Vette and I want it painted BLACK....paint it paint it ,paint it black , black as night black as...."
Black looks really good on this Vintage Z06 Corvette
Leichenwagen250.jpg

;LOL ;LOL :w Patrick

TWEETY BIRD YELLOW!! ;LOL

OK Patrick, I can see how you might make that leap from Millennium Yellow to Tweety Bird Yellow... but only with a huge running start and a great flying leap!
"I taught I taw a dull, dwab cowored Corvette
Avs fan is like the Raider fan of the NHL
Millennium Tweety Commando
;LOL
Pez dispensers, bowling balls...
You guys are killing me!

I've been laughing so hard I can't get a sip of coffee in edgewise.
But MILLY YELLOW??? arrrgh!!! :L

Tammy

I taught I taw a puddy cat.....:L

I actually have Tweetybird Floor mats in my yellow ' 95 :L :w
millionbuy_1826_22615454

Calling all Chromatographers

Several months ago, A good female friend of mine, who is the biggest Tweety Bird fan, made the comment that my car is "Tweety Bird Yellow". I questioned this comment. Nonetheless, perhaps we need to to perform some spectral analysis of the two colors using a chromatograph. Does anyone have access to such equipment in order to perform this worthwhile and important experiment? We need to get to the bottom of this highly controversial issue.

I have also heard the term: "Taxicab Yellow". And yes, I have been seen driving my son to various sports activities, playing taxicab driver. Perhaps I can get a bumper sticker that says: "Dad's Taxi"

Got Pez?

Craig
MsSchroder said:
TWEETY BIRD YELLOW!! ;LOL

OK Patrick, I can see how you might make that leap from Millennium Yellow to Tweety Bird Yellow... but only with a huge running start and a great flying leap!
;LOL
Pez dispensers, bowling balls...
You guys are killing me!

I've been laughing so hard I can't get a sip of coffee in edgewise.
But MILLY YELLOW??? arrrgh!!! :L

Tammy

Chas said:
Proud owner of code 952 Bright Yellow 1973 Corvette Stingray Coupe:_rock
Chas, and you call yourself a Red Wings fan. :nono Tsk, tsk.

Folks, this is how Chas sees himself, relative to yours truly:

attachment.php

When in reality, he looks a bit more like this, with me coming up fast behind him on skis:

attachment.php

Run, Chas, Run! Get those spoons a movin'! :gap

-Patrick

Nice work !

you still got it;LOL ...seemed like you were sleeping for a bit eh?
CORed91 said:
Chas, and you call yourself a Red Wings fan. :nono Tsk, tsk.

Folks, this is how Chas sees himself, relative to yours truly:

attachment.php

When in reality, he looks a bit more like this, with me coming up fast behind him on skis:

attachment.php

Run, Chas, Run! Get those spoons a movin'! :gap

-Patrick

I thought that it was interesting that when GM introduced the new C6 Z06 yesterday the car they brought on stage was ME and in their press release that showed a picture of all three C6 models together in one shot they are all ME - I gues that GM thinks that ME makes a statement also!

hzl6cm said:
I thought that it was interesting that when GM introduced the new C6 Z06 yesterday the car they brought on stage was ME and in their press release that showed a picture of all three C6 models together in one shot they are all ME - I gues that GM thinks that ME makes a statement also!

I'm a little lost here, I missed the press release and I don't get out as often as I should so please tell me what "ME" stands for. Millennium Ellow?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom