Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Millennium Yellow Owners Sign in Here!

Psycho,
Very nice!
Makes me wish I had a convertible.

Tammy

6 Shooter said:
Vette's are better in pairs! :upthumbs
Don't tempt me!! :L
I'm hungering for a 71 that's for sale around here, as well as a ZR1. Can't afford either of them though :L

I was influenced in my color choice after being enthralled by the MY C5Rs that race in the ALMS series. I saw them for the first time at Laguna Seca in Monterey, CA in 2002. When I went shopping for my C5 coupe a year later, deep down I knew it had to be yellow. I didn't care for the black interior at first, but it really is a nice contrast with the yellow. By the way, if you haven't seen these motorsport masterpieces, check out www.corvetteracing.com. The Corvette Racing team took first place in GTS in all 9 ALMS races this year and finished first and second in 7 of them, not to mention their one-two finish at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in France. I hope the new C6Rs, set to debut at Sebring in March, are as successful (and yellow, of course)!

Hey . . .

katiesteve said:
I was influenced in my color choice after being enthralled by the MY C5Rs that race in the ALMS series. I saw them for the first time at Laguna Seca in Monterey, CA in 2002. When I went shopping for my C5 coupe a year later, deep down I knew it had to be yellow. I didn't care for the black interior at first, but it really is a nice contrast with the yellow. By the way, if you haven't seen these motorsport masterpieces, check out www.corvetteracing.com. The Corvette Racing team took first place in GTS in all 9 ALMS races this year and finished first and second in 7 of them, not to mention their one-two finish at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in France. I hope the new C6Rs, set to debut at Sebring in March, are as successful (and yellow, of course)!
Have you got any pics of your C5 to post/share?

You made me realize I haven't taken any pics of the C5 since I drove it home last October...here are those:

What a gooooooooood looking car! I wonder where I've seen one like it before?;LOL ;LOL I must say you have exceptional taste. It's only a matter of time before I can drive mine. The snow should be gone by May.:( Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
John:w

I hope I don't jinx myself here. There's an '02 MY vert at a dealer in my area. It's been there since September. I'm taking a buddy of mine whose mechanically inclined to look at it next week. If he says it's OK I might just grab it if it's still there in January.

Chrisr said:
I hope I don't jinx myself here. There's an '02 MY vert at a dealer in my area. It's been there since September. I'm taking a buddy of mine whose mechanically inclined to look at it next week. If he says it's OK I might just grab it if it's still there in January.
I say buy it now and treat yourself to the BEST Christmas ever!.

Craig

MsSchroder said:
Are you a MY C5 owner?
If so, step forward please, so that we may see you better (that color tends to fade into the background ;))

What made you choose your color?

For me, it was my inner rebel breaking through after being repressed for 39 years :D

Tammy

Does competition yellow on my '95 count?:L ..if it doesn't then my Torch red '04 will have to suffice;)

[QUOTE='04 Torch Red]Does competition yellow on my '95 count?:L [/QUOTE]
You BET it does!
With a Yellow 95 and a Red 04, I guess this means you're not exactly a shrinking violet, are you? :)

Tammy

MsSchroder said:
You BET it does!
With a Yellow 95 and a Red 04, I guess this means you're not exactly a shrinking violet, are you? :)

Tammy
==========================================================
Tammy......I must really be dumb because your comment sounds like you are talking in tongues:L ...whats that supposed to mean anyway:confusedshrinking violet...hmmmm...do you mean thats what happens when I come out of the pool?:D :w

[QUOTE='04 Torch Red]==========================================================
Tammy......I must really be dumb because your comment sounds like you are talking in tongues:L ...whats that supposed to mean anyway:confusedshrinking violet...hmmmm...do you mean thats what happens when I come out of the pool?:D :w[/QUOTE]
;LOL
NOoo... that's not what I meant! :L But thanks for that image :D

What I meant was, with a couple of really bright colored cars, you must not be a shy, fade-into-the-background, wallflower type of person!

I've always had dull and drab colored cars until this one. I'm fighting the shrinking-violet thing.

Tammy

MsSchroder said:
NOoo... that's not what I meant! :L But thanks for that image :D

What I meant was, with a couple of really bright colored cars, you must not be a shy, fade-into-the-background, wallflower type of person!

I've always had dull and drab colored cars until this one. I'm fighting the shrinking-violet thing.

Tammy
OK..thanks for explaining...my first Vette was a "comforting blue" '77 cpupe , which btw I still have...bought it in 1980 and in 1999 I had a midlife crisis and saw the Competition Yellow Vert 6 speed on the way home from work at a Chevy dealer lot and I didn't even start it or test drive it and wrote a check for it 15 minutes later:crazy ...(never had so much attention with a vehicle in all my years)...then I made a radical move April '04 and on the spur of the moment saw a Torch Red Vert on Kerbecks website that they were going to order for an instock sale and lost control of my rational self(the Vette hadn't even been built yet;shrug ) and sent them a full check for it 2 weeks before it was even built)...3 wks after I sent them a check the Vette was delivered to my home, sight unseen, in Virginia. Ever since I got it, all the neighbors don't even speak to me anymore...I wonder if it is the yellow or the red that is killing them..:bang ;LOL

[QUOTE='04 Torch Red] Ever since I got it, all the neighbors don't even speak to me anymore...I wonder if it is the yellow or the red that is killing them..:bang ;LOL[/QUOTE];LOL
That is a great story! I think you've hit on something. Yellow (and yes, red) symbolizes being impetuous, spur-of-the-moment, write-a-check-before-test-driving it. That is what buying a yellow car celebrates and symbolizes- the "live life to its fullest" and boring-neighbors-be-damned attitude! :D

(I'm probably not making sense again. Coffee hasn't kicked in yet)

I was also writing the check for mine before even driving it. The sales manager had to practically push me out the door for the test drive first.
:crazy

MsSchroder said:
;LOL

(I'm probably not making sense again. Coffee hasn't kicked in yet)
===========================================================

Not sure if the neighbors are boring or just plain jealous...probably a combo deal:L

Naah...you are making sense...:L
Thanks!

MsSchroder said:
I've held off contributing to this thread, as I own a black Z06. But now I have to comment. As the owner of a "dull, drab colored car," allow me to say that some people value the stealth quality of black. :D

-Patrick

CORed91 said:
I've held off contributing to this thread, as I own a black Z06. But now I have to comment. As the owner of a "dull, drab colored car," allow me to say that some people value the stealth quality of black. :D

-Patrick
========================================================
When considering color symbolism...the color black symbolizes Darkness, Evil, Death...etc... and...who wears a BLACK hat in cowboy movies...the bad guy...;shrug ...:L

"I see a red door and I want it painted BLACK"...Mick Jagger:D "no colors anymore I want them to turn BLACK"....
The color Black is like a "DEATH wish":)

Black gets dirty too fast..a biotch to keep clean...."stealth quality" my ars...:v ...even Black ones...:D

Black comes to mind when I see a funeral limo...DEATH;LOL

I like Black . . .

CORed91 said:

-Patrick
. . . the Black Interior & Rag Top on our Millennium Yellow Roadster. :upthumbs

2000_ml_z51_6_spd_vert.jpg

6 Shooter said:
. . . the Black Interior & Rag Top on our Millennium Yellow Roadster. :upthumbs

2000_ml_z51_6_spd_vert.jpg

Now the black top and interior are a thing of beauty...I was talking about the massive BLACK exterior color of the body...:L :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom