Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Millennium Yellow Owners Sign in Here!

MsSchroder said:
Are we talkin' Cruisefest? I think we should develop a special award for the Most Represented Color.... :D

How about a "silver" cup?;LOL

Remo:cool

Remo said:

ROFL... that's too funny! OK, I just added that idea to my Cruisefest Organization list.

Will we be looking for generic or specific colors?

For instance: generic = Silver or specific = Ugly Quicksilver. :rotfl

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

There are so many different shades of those gray cars. Pewter, spiral gray, silver, etc. Are they all just shades of gray? Hmmm, yes, I think so ;)
I think for the award, we should come up wtih some general color "groups". Of course, we all know that really, it is "Yellow" and "Everything Else". :L

Remo said:

Ya, I think silver is usually only awarded to second place. Isn’t it a gold or some derivative of yellow that they give for first? :cool

6 Shooter said:
For instance: generic = Silver or specific = Ugly Quicksilver. :rotfl

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

Now Dwayne, that really hurts.:cry You know what a "sensitive" guy I am.:eyerole

"Metallic Primer" aka Quicksilver

Ya know? Ya Know?

Looking at the picture, it appears to be gray. Where did this silver get into the picture from? "The Lone Ranger?" Hi Ho Silver and away! Or is it wishful thinking.

How many vote 'Gray?" ;):L:rotfl

Just funn'n, Drive on!

I never understood, until recently, why the Millenium Yellow paint jobs cost extra. It seems the engineering staff had to develop a "special" primer that would prevent Corvettes from rejecting Millenium Yellow. It turns out that the car does not "naturally" like or except the color. So they had to "tint" the primer with yellow to help the poor car get used to what it would be exposed to for the rest of its life. In some cases the early MY C5's still have to take anti-rejection medication on a daily basis. What a sad state of affairs.

I know Remo sometimes forgets to take his meds. But in this case, I believe he is on the money.

For one thing, does anyone like MY who does NOT own a MY Vette? :L

Back in 1996, (I know I am dating myself, but who else would?) you could not GIVE AWAY a yellow Vette. How come the sudden interest now? I had a friend who had a 96 yellow (called Competition Yellow) Vette and when he went to sell it, he had to PAY the buyer to take it off his hands! ;LOL

Certainly took a LOSS on that one! :rotfl

Save The Wave! :w

Remo said:
In some cases the early MY C5's still have to take anti-rejection medication on a daily basis. What a sad state of affairs.Remo:cool

:rotfl

Remo, you're a trip. I can tell that spring is almost here, because your posts are getting more and more lighthearted :D

Tammy - Have ya noticed how the Silver boys are drawn to this thread like pesky bugs to our Millennium Yellow Corvettes! :L
Shoo, get out of here bugs! ;LOL

Later - D

6 Shooter said:
Tammy - Have ya noticed how the Silver boys are drawn to this thread like pesky bugs to our Millennium Yellow Corvettes! :L

Later - D

They can't help it Dwayne. They probably don't even realize why they're attracted to it :L

6 Shooter said:

Later - D

I can tell Spring is definately in the air. Can't you just feel the love? :L

Dwayne, I'd be careful telling Remo to "shoo... get out of here..." With that Lingenfelter upgrade he's doing, you may end up being the bug on his windshield. ;)

By the way- nice spoiler on that Vette in your avatar. I see you're showing your "ricer" leanings. :D

-Patrick

Lets look at this in a differant context.Your applying for a million dollar a year job as an apprentice in the field of phytogeography.Your interview is in less than a half hour and you have two suits ,one yellow ,one light gray.Which suit will you wear? Keep in mind the job has bennys and your mother is ill.

I would wear the yellow one so I would be able to get to the interview on time, gray is much to slow a color. :cool

So many millennium Yellow Vettes!!

And when l was looking for one if couldn't find one

Alan

My MY

Does a MY '84 count? I think it's the perfect color for a 'vette. Chevy didn't offer MY in '84, so I fixed the problem! (Haven't seen any other one's like it, either!) I get thumbs up from MY C-5 drivers!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom