Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Millennium Yellow Owners Sign in Here!

Corvette
2002 Yellow Z06 (sold); 1999 Pewter FRC (sold)
Are you a MY C5 owner?
If so, step forward please, so that we may see you better (that color tends to fade into the background ;))

What made you choose your color?

For me, it was my inner rebel breaking through after being repressed for 39 years :D

Tammy

MsSchroder said:
Are you a MY C5 owner?
If so, step forward please, so that we may see you better (that color tends to fade into the background ;)

For me, it was my inner rebel breaking through after being repressed for 39 years :D

Tammy
WOW, a place just for us shy and reserved folks with whimpy color tastes - LOL!
I originally set out to buy a magnetic red convertible. It's not my intent to be maudlin here, but I wanted another Corvette to give me a reason to smile again and to honor the memory of my daughter who was killed with her husband in July of '03 in an auto accident. My most precious memories of her were always wanting to go for a "Corvette ride" in our '72 Corvette convertible. She was 3 when I bought it in 1972 and I kept it for 10 years. Her spirit just lit up when that LT-1 engine started. But when looking for the '03 and I saw the bright yellow car, I just knew it would have been her pick. I think of her each and every time I go for that Corvette ride.
Thanks for the thread Tammy! :D

MsSchroder said:
Honestly, it was my second choice. If they had still offered Nassau Blue in the 2004 model year, that's what I'd have,

No regrets about the Millenium Yellow though, and with the 2-tone Vette Essentials interior, it turns heads.

Tony,
That is a very touching story. And not maudlin at all. I am sorry to hear about your loss.
I think it is wonderful you did something to celebrate the memory of your daughter and her husband.

Tammy

Ken said:
Tammy, here's a couple of sites with like-minded yellow Corvette lovers: Yellow Vette Farm and Yellow Jackets Corvette Club. :w
Cool. I didn't know about the Yellow Jackets. That site also led me to a link to a FRC/Z06 registry.

I saw another MY Z06 tonight in LILBURN of all places. Parked outside the restaurant we had just finished eating at. I had serious thoughts about driving the honda home and bringing back the Z to park next to it, just for effect. :L

wow!

Chas,

Your car is GORGEOUS. The colors in that photo look like they match almost identically. What is the "official" color of yours?
You and any other generations are absolutely welcome here.

Tammy

Thanks Tammy,

I believe the color is code 952 bright yellow.

It sure is a close match when i park next to a newer one....
Chas:w
MsSchroder said:
Chas,

Your car is GORGEOUS. The colors in that photo look like they match almost identically. What is the "official" color of yours?
You and any other generations are absolutely welcome here.

Tammy

I couldn't help myself when I saw my yellow coupe. It screamed take me home! Like my insurance agent said, when asking about the color "No sense having a corvette if you can't be seen!":L :L ;LOL

John

They had our vette sitting out side the show room at the chevy dealer, when we took our other car in for a recall repair. My wife and I looked at it and she fell in love with the color and the fact it was a convertible. I fell in love with it for the fact it was a Corvette. I wanted the elect. blue, but I am sure glad we got the M.Yellow. Out here in Calif they have an all black corvette run every year. Next year my wife and I along with another couple that has an M. yellow convertible are trying to set up a yellow corvette run. I am looking to do it at the end of March or the beginning of April. We are looking to make a run to Yosemite. It will be during great top down weather and the mountians will still be green with snow at the top of them. It would be great if some of the East Coast yellow vettes cold make this run with us. The more the yellow vettes the better.

btbm2 said:
Like my insurance agent said, when asking about the color "No sense having a corvette if you can't be seen!":L :L ;LOL

John
:L
Absolutely! Did you ask for a discount since you would be more visible and therefore less likely to be plowed into by someone? :L

okieracing said:
Next year my wife and I along with another couple that has an M. yellow convertible are trying to set up a yellow corvette run. I am looking to do it at the end of March or the beginning of April. We are looking to make a run to Yosemite. It will be during great top down weather and the mountians will still be green with snow at the top of them. It would be great if some of the East Coast yellow vettes cold make this run with us. The more the yellow vettes the better.
That sounds very cool. I would love to do something like that but I think the logistics with kids, etc, wouldl make it next to impossible.

I sure would love to see Yosemite, meet some West Coast people, and do some touring and sight seeing... let's see.... Only about 12 more years before the youngest turns 18... :L

MsSchroder said:
Are you a MY C5 owner?
If so, step forward please, so that we may see you better (that color tends to fade into the background ;))

Tammy
Here is mine. For me, there are too many reds, black is too hard to keep clean, the 2003 blue had a srtipe which I didn't like and silver (to me) implied the driver was in their "silver years". Perhaps the MY stands for "Mid-life Yellow?" At least my friends think it is mid-life crisis. They are just jealous.:v
Craig
attachment.php

MsSchroder said:
Cool. I didn't know about the Yellow Jackets.
Speaking of yellow jackets; has anyone noticed how the yellow attracts bees? I was talking with a friend who saw my car and they mentioned that they had a bad experience with bees when they were on a yellow motorcycle and therefore would never buy a yellow car. There have been several occasions now where I have been commuting on the freeway at about 5 or 10 mph in bumper to bumper traffic and bees have tried flying into my drivers side window or actually land on the car. Even at home washing the car, bugs tend to alight on it. Perhaos on yellow, they are simply more visible, but ever after my friend's statement, I have noticed that bees have quite an affinity for my car. Has anyone else notice this?

Craig

bugs and bees

Yes, I have noticed this too. Apparently it is a common phenomenon!
Those little black grass bugs with the red stripe REALLY love mine.

I had never considered the effects on a yellow motorcycle. Mine is copper and I've considered trading it for a yellow one. Maybe that wouldn't be such a good idea! :eek

My Sunshine

a457.jpg

I had always liked the color yellow. When the time came to find a vette, yellow was the primary choice or preference for me. When I found her ... about 140 miles away from home, I knew I had to come back that same weekend to close the deal and bring my wife along to get her blessing too. Everything worked out and living the dream ... MY 2001 C5 6spd w/ all trimmings and all HP I can handle. It is a joy to drive ... very fast and reliable, only problem I ever had with Sunshine is the telescopic steering stopped working ... but our forum helped me get it working again!

45b2.jpg

Dan :w

MsSchroder said:
Yes, I have noticed this too. Apparently it is a common phenomenon!
Those little black grass bugs with the red stripe REALLY love mine.

I had never considered the effects on a yellow motorcycle. Mine is copper and I've considered trading it for a yellow one. Maybe that wouldn't be such a good idea! :eek
My friend said that they were attacked by bees when on the motorcycle. It didn't help that they had yellow helmets on either.

Craig

I saw my 01 yellow vert sitting inside the showroom at a dealership and fell in love woth the color. Searched all over the place for one like with a 6 speed instead only to find out that they were really rare in '01. So, after a few weeks of only pretending to be only 1/2 interested, and dealing with the fleet manager instead of the slimy sales guy that tried to trap me, I drove it home for about $8,000 less then they were originally asking. 38k miles later, and I'm still smiling.

The auto is nice in traffic, but I'm really considering some lower gears to wake it up - it's got the 2.73's now and could use a little more low end umph!

MY was the obvious choice--pardon the pun

I almost went with an Electron Blue '04, but the sales guy got a little squirrelly at the end of the deal.

It worked out for me because deep down yellow was my first choice.

In my brief experience with the car (since May), not only does it attract bugs, it also attracts neighbors, my kids' friends, relatives...

:L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom