Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Most essential piece in your garage?

Most essential piece in your garage?

• Lift

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Air compressor

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Tool box/workbench

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Sofa/fridge

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Television

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HVAC climate controls

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Proper lighting

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • wash bay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • electric door opener

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Other (see my post)

Votes: 8 18.6%

• Total voters
My padded undercar creeper! It's a great place for a nap.

Wow, digging up a three year old thread....a good thread, but old. I voted today. My lift is tops in my garage....no pun intended. :D OK, it was intended. ;LOL

I'm gonna chime in here and say GREAT lighting. If you can't see big tool box's, great hand tools, and huge space dont matter....
Charlie

THE most essential piece in my garage is not the tool box/workbench but the tools in the box or on top of the bench.

Second most essential isn't in the garage at all...it's the Factory Service Manuals I have in my office.

It's good to see this thread going again. I have most of the tools, shop equipment and manuals I could ever need and can lay my hands on what I don't have quickly enough if it becomes necessary, but the one thing that is absolutely necessary in my shop is the HVAC system. Looking at the addresses of some of the members it isn't a big deal to them but here in NE Ohio if you don't have proper heating you aren't going to use the shop a large portion of the year. My HVAC system and heavy insulation make it possible to work in a t-shirt all year around and it never freezes in there even if I turn it down all the way.

Tom

I voted for my lift since it's the reason I can have the Z06 stablemate for the Vert... after that I'd have to agree with Hib, the Service Manuals are indispensable.:thumb

It's good to see this thread going again. I have most of the tools, shop equipment and manuals I could ever need and can lay my hands on what I don't have quickly enough if it becomes necessary, but the one thing that is absolutely necessary in my shop is the HVAC system. Looking at the addresses of some of the members it isn't a big deal to them but here in NE Ohio if you don't have proper heating you aren't going to use the shop a large portion of the year. My HVAC system and heavy insulation make it possible to work in a t-shirt all year around and it never freezes in there even if I turn it down all the way.

Tom

By the way Tom, I'm still east of you and live in Northwest Ohio. Looks like your garage could use a map, GPS, and/or a compass.:chuckle

By the way Tom, I'm still east of you and live in Northwest Ohio. Looks like your garage could use a map, GPS, and/or a compass.:chuckle

It isn't getting any better either. I need to do a thorough clean up. What are you doing tomorrow? :L

I have to say my HVAC and the Fridge... :D :L
With the both of them I am able to get friends to come over on hot days and work on my Vettes !

My computer. I can look up how to repair most anything and order the parts.

My computer. I can look up how to repair most anything and order the parts.

That's a great idea....I guess I need to somehow get internet access out to the garage.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom