Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

new c6 owner mad at dealer

welcome to CAC,hope you enjoy the forums and you new vette!!!!:CAC

wishuwerehere82 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't driving your car 168 Mi. without your knowledge or permission still known as Grand Theft Auto, regardless of whether they returned it?
Only if you can prove it.

Edmond, how could I forget Dave and the dropped Vette? How many weeks, how many post, and how much pressure did it take to reach a solution when the dealer was clearly liable for destroying a car? For something as minor as a questionable oil change and some undocumented miles the best you are going to get is a so sorry back pat and a promise that it will be looked in to.:eyerole

Not so sure I wouldn't persue theft charges on this myself! 168 miles for a test drive is absoluely insane to say the least. Swear out a warrant for the arrest of this car thief for sure. It would be bad enough with any car but a Corvette thief :r it should be a federal offense!!!

Bill :w

wishuwerehere82 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't driving your car 168 Mi. without your knowledge or permission still known as Grand Theft Auto, regardless of whether they returned it?

Welcome to the :CAC Sorry to hear about the way your dealer has treated you, hopefully they will compensate you for their lies and putting all those needless hard miles on your new baby. The worst thing is how lots of these dealers treat you after they get your money. First they kiss your a$$ to get the deal done then if there is a issue they think you are the one screwing them and give you the runaround.:mad :hb

Again welcome to the CAC! :upthumbs

Doug :w

The plott thickens

ny how;I got the mail when I got home and found a car payment bill for the car I traded in on the c6.(a Ford Cobra)The bill said I was late on my payment!!! I called Ford and they checked my account and told me the car hadn't been payed off and I need to send in a payment to keep this from being sent to the credit reporting agency!! I tried to call the dealer to straighten out the warranty problem and this car payment problem but the customer relation manager wasn't in and the manager was on another line, so I left my name and phone # and asked for her to call me back immediatly. All day Sat. I did not get any call back!!! Todays Sunday and I have left messages on both their voice mails with no results.The dealer is open today ;1 weeh ago is when I dropped the car off for the longmile oil change!!! what to do next???? I'm kinda scared to go there because of my short temper.Do I need to put out money for an attorney?

Mark,
When you traded the car in wasn't the dealer required to pay off the balance? This to me would be their responsibility unless in fact this was a payment that was due when you traded it in, possibly the last payment. Just a thought, but I would think this could be worked out pretty simply; the dealer would or let me say should have called for pay-off before completing the transaction on the trade.

This all should be a matter of record I would think and should be simple to resolve. I hate voice mail, sometimes it is becasue people don't want to answer the phone. I guess I would start by talking to the salesman that handled the trade. He/or she should have gotten the pay off from the lender on your trade in.

Good luck,

mark Rosokoff said:
ny how;I got the mail when I got home and found a car payment bill for the car I traded in on the c6.(a Ford Cobra)The bill said I was late on my payment!!! I called Ford and they checked my account and told me the car hadn't been payed off and I need to send in a payment to keep this from being sent to the credit reporting agency!! I tried to call the dealer to straighten out the warranty problem and this car payment problem but the customer relation manager wasn't in and the manager was on another line, so I left my name and phone # and asked for her to call me back immediatly. All day Sat. I did not get any call back!!! Todays Sunday and I have left messages on both their voice mails with no results.The dealer is open today ;1 weeh ago is when I dropped the car off for the longmile oil change!!! what to do next???? I'm kinda scared to go there because of my short temper.Do I need to put out money for an attorney?

The dealership I purchased the car from is open on sunday and I've been in contact on numerous other times (when I dropped the car off last week on sunday!)I don't know whether I can name the dealership or not here;but the other dealership further south (the GM performance center)can verify all my claims about the dealership that sold me the car! And to my amazment they pulled up the history on the cars past and printed me copy showing that the car had a (complete carrier assembly-code F2143)-rear replaced on 7/20/2004 ( the rear end) Which was never disclosed to me when I purchased the car;remember it had 4050 miles on it!

What is the VIN of the car? Please send me an email or PM and supply me with the name of the dealership.

Sounds like this will take some digging into for sure. Of course without knowing all the details I am just speculating but I would be interested in the outcome for sure! Things can sure be complicated sometimes uh?

Take care and keep us posted on the developments. Again good luck, and I am sure everything will work out.

mark Rosokoff said:
The dealership I purchased the car from is open on sunday and I've been in contact on numerous other times (when I dropped the car off last week on sunday!)I don't know whether I can name the dealership or not here;but the other dealership further south (the GM performance center)can verify all my claims about the dealership that sold me the car! And to my amazment they pulled up the history on the cars past and printed me copy showing that the car had a (complete carrier assembly-code F2143)-rear replaced on 7/20/2004 ( the rear end) Which was never disclosed to me when I purchased the car;remember it had 4050 miles on it!

My brother went through this. It all depends on the paperwork. Take all of the paperwork from the trade in person to FOMOCO. If the dealer has not paid off the car as of the date of the trade it is a crime. The laws vary from State to State but the Ford office will know what should have been done.

Does Florida require disclosure of repairs like the one made to your car?

Good luck. Please keep us posted.

whats GM saying

Wow, you have an incredible story. I hope you have taken some of the advice given here. What has been the response from the GM customer service? Have you been enjoying the forums? Just a quick response to the guy tipping their service advisor: If he takes the extra money, what does that say about his integrity? I would offer a tip just to check their integrity.

I wonder about those 168 miles. Do the miles add up faster when the rear wheels break loose? Check out the rear wheel wear and tire residue in the wheel wells. They probably lit up the tires big time. Fun Fun Fun and all at your expense. This situation reminds me of the pristine 1969 Camaro Z28 I bought years ago. It only had 48k miles on it AND had just had a new clutch job. What they did not tell me was that after they renewed the clutch they drove the car a thousand miles. The entire clutch assembly was warped and burned from the extreme treatment. If I buy a new C6 ( or any performance car ) it will have fewer than 10 miles on it. Sounds like perhaps they abused the car so badly they had to replace rear end. Legalized joyriding and couldn't care less service. Swell. Sorry to hear of your problems. I'd get an attorney and demand a new C6 and that they cover all my expenses caused by their behavior. The alternative may be to go to the police. Increasingly new car dealers add NOTHING to the transaction. They soak up your money and give you nothing in return. I wish we could buy C6's factory direct for , say, a 20% discount and just have them shipped to our home address. No dealer none of the time sounds good to me. They are not all dishonest or incompetent. However, none of them provide services even close to the amount of money they make on a car like a vette.

OLDGOAT said:
They are not all dishonest or incompetent. However, none of them provide services even close to the amount of money they make on a car like a vette.

:D Can't disagree with you there.

No doubt, you've got a problem with a dealer which lacks integrity. Knowing how some dealers work, my guess is the sales dept. told the service dept to just reset the oil life moniter. They should not have lied to you about chaning the oil nor should they have driven the car 186 miles.

That said, what the tech told you about oil drain interval was correct. The last model year which GM specified oil drain interval by mileage, the spec for Vettes was 15,000 miles. The oil life moniter is a more accurate yardstick of oil condition and seldom will let you go that far, but typically its at least 10,000 miles.

I'm in the process of looking to purchase a C6, so I called Lawerence Marshall Chevy in Hempstead Tx, they always claim to have the lowest prices you know the Typical BS that all dealerships tell you anyway, they won't even let me test drive one,
Now they want me to spend a ton of money on a car and won't even let me test drive it.....go figure.......Do they want my business? I guess not. anyone else out there have this kind of a problem?
thanks

caddy said:
Do they want my business? I guess not. anyone else out there have this kind of a problem?
thanks

I have had that problem in the past. By the time they realize that I was serious and that a check was in hand it is too late as i am in my car leaving. Even had one salesman yell at me as I was leaving that they would sell the car to someone. Well, three months later the sells manager calls me and begs for me to give them another chance. Told them OK, but on my terms. They didn't like that to much.

These guys cannot afford to sit on these cars long. Each day they have a car in stock is another day that they have to pay the floor-plan interest on the car.

FWIW, if they see that they are not interested in dealing and letting you test drive the car I say go to another dealer. I have been known to go to a different state to buy if they have what I want and are willing to deal.

Good luck.

H.D.:w

This is so typical of the service you recieve. I have learned "dont trust anyone with your car. Especially your vette." I do all my own oil changes on all my cars. Like this I get no stripped drain plugs, leaking oil filters, or new problems. The dealer only gets warranty repairs and I watch what they do. Good luck with the dealer. Make him pay. You might save someone from living a nightmare in the future.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom