Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New guy from Rhode Island

Saint's Shark

Corvette
1979 L-82 White on Red
Hey everyone. I'm a new guy to this forum and a relatively new guy to vette ownership. I bought my 79 L-82 last year. It's white on red, and currently has 55K on the odometer. I'm the second owner! She's pretty much stock, with the only exception being a "wood-like" adhesive backed stuff on the shifter console, gauge cluster, and tach/speedo. Not too bubba-ish however, but I will make it right again. I'm new to vettes, but not to muscle cars in general. Plans are as follows (and as the budget will allow!);
- New heads
- Cam
- Lifters/Springs
- Intake Manifold
- New exhaust (long tube dual or hooker sidepipes)

Wish list? Perhaps, but I love it and will drive her no matter what.

Saint

Welcome to the CAC, Saint. :w Great color combination.

welcome to CAC!!!:welcome
enjoy!!!!

Hi Saint,

Let me extend another welcome! I'm in Massachusetts and know a lot of the RI Corvette people. If you haven't already found the Corvette Club of Rhode Island, check it out at www.corvetteclubri.com. They hold a Corvettes-only show in early August that I never miss!

Elaine

Always nice to see another New Englander on board.
Welcome to the site, Saint. - John

Some pics of my baby

I know everyone likes pictures, so I figured I would post several. The paint is a good driver, maybe a "five footer". Interior is good, but will get a new carpet maybe at the end of this crusing season. Here they are;

Reduced7.jpg

Reduced6.jpg

Reduced5.jpg

Reduced4.jpg

Reduced3.jpg

Reduced2.jpg

Reduced1.jpg

She looks very nice Saint. Thanks for sharing.

Hecox

Welcome Aboard. . . . . . . .

Good look'n L82 :thumb for sure & it appears welcome to Corvette Action Center may be in order here too Saint's Shark

Bill :w

I forgot to mention that the previous owner installed a 80-82 rear bumper. Although I like the look of that bumper with the integrated spoiler, I'm contemplating on going back to the original 79 bumper. She will never be NCRS correct and I'm certainly not a purist in the sense of the word (no disrespect to those who are!), but I plan on making it a better performing and handling machine.

I too am a stickler for the OEM look; but that's just me, no disrepect either for those who like to personalize to make it their own!

Bill

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom