Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New member intro

kyeakel

Corvette
1978 Coupe
Hi,
My name is Kipp, I own a 78 corvette, L48. I traded my restored 66 Mustang convertable for the vette + cash. :D The cash has allowed me to add a bay to my garage to house the vette, which I'm doing a complete frame-off resto-mod on. So far I've completed the frame, running gear with new everything, rack and pinion, 81 style batwing rear, 700r4 stage 2, and zz4 crate motor. I'm now rebuilding the birdcage and have the front clip removed. I'm probably about 1 month from marrying the two halves back together, and starting on the interior, wiring, radiator, etc... My primary focus was Fords, so I'm learning alot about thinking GM.

Kipp

Welcome to the CAC!

We all love projects. Ie. Corvettes being put back to life.. Share pics when you get a chance..

:w
-Stefan

Welcome to the CAC and congratulations on crossing over from the dark side! :D

Enjoy!

:Steer

welcome kipp, hope you like the cac club,i think you will.:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) Billy

Hi,
My name is Kipp, I own a 78 corvette, L48. I traded my restored 66 Mustang convertable for the vette + cash. :D The cash has allowed me to add a bay to my garage to house the vette, which I'm doing a complete frame-off resto-mod on. So far I've completed the frame, running gear with new everything, rack and pinion, 81 style batwing rear, 700r4 stage 2, and zz4 crate motor. I'm now rebuilding the birdcage and have the front clip removed. I'm probably about 1 month from marrying the two halves back together, and starting on the interior, wiring, radiator, etc... My primary focus was Fords, so I'm learning alot about thinking GM.

Kipp
Hey Kipp, welcome to CAC! The people here are terrific, and you will enjoy all the info, and expertise! Good Luck with your project! Lynn:w

smilies-42650.png

Welcome Kipp! We like to hear about someone rescuing a Vette and we love pix of them too.

Enjoy! One good thing about this place and your restoration project... you've got tons of experience to draw from here.

:w Jane Ann

Welcome to CAC...sounds like you've got a fun project going on there! As others mentioned, share some pic's with us! Both from along the way so people get to see how it's coming...and definitely of how it looks once you finally bring that baby back to life!

Welcome to the club of America's real sports cars. Never could figure out why so many people like those stangs. Must be because there is millions of them and everybody has one or is it because Chevrolet is harder to spell than the f word. Just pullin your chain, glad to have you with us. ONe thing for sure, if you got questions, we got answers here. and like was said before, we love those pictures of works in progress. Best wishes to ya.

Hi Kipp - I'm new to this forum as well, so I'd thought I'd say "Welcome" and "Hi".

Nancy

welcome to CAC!!!! :CAC
enjoy thew vette as well as the forums!!!!!!!!

What kind of torque and hp rating does that motor have? Sounds like it'll be a smoking hot Vette! Welcome to the CAC.

My primary focus was Fords, so I'm learning alot about thinking GM.

Kipp

At least your mind will get a rest! Much easier to work on GM products. I know. I owned an auto & truck repair shop for 20 years. I started out a Dodge man and eventually converted to GMism! ;LOL

Welcome to CAC! You will be able to get the answers to any of your questions!

SAVE THE :w

What kind of torque and hp rating does that motor have? Sounds like it'll be a smoking hot Vette! Welcome to the CAC.

It's a 355hp, 405lbs of torque. With the different gearing of the 700r4 it should give quite a launch and with the over-drive should get me 20-22 mpg on the highway. We'll see. :eek:hnoes

Kipp

Welcome!

I have a '78 Silver Anniversary Model. Post some pictures...

Welcome Kipp. Well done on that trade :upthumbs

Your resto project sounds hard-core. I salute your sense of adventure :D

Tammy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom