Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Member: My Story

roostertail

Corvette
2004 MSG Convertible
My Corvette ownership has been a bit of a journey...

Back in September 2004, I bought the last Vette Bill Heard Chevy of Scottsdale had. It was a stripped down Black Coupe with Camel interior and A4. No HUD, no memory package, pretty boring. But, it was my first so I have some fond memories of it.

DSC00024.jpg

I started collecting stuff - headers, Vararam, etc. But, I started having second thoughts of whether this was the car I wanted to spend all this mod. money on. After some consideration, I decide it wasn't and looked for another. In May 2005, I found another '04 Black/Black Coupe at West Coast Corvettes that had all the bells and whistles (except F55) with MN6 and 5k miles. So, I drove over on a Saturday morning and returned Saturday afternoon with a new car...

6e88eb32.jpg

In addition to the new car, I was on the verge of getting married. My wife is from New Jersey and would be moving out to Arizona. Since she didn't have a car here, she said "I'll just drive your car". Uhh...well...uhh...I don't want you to drive my car! So when we returned from getting married in Maui, I had Mike from West Coast drive over here with her own car. He was waiting at the airport with this: '03 Anniversary Edition, MN6, 2500 miles

DSC01665.jpg

In spring of 2006, I added all the goodies including heads, cam, clutch, etc. - 416 RWHP. The most fun you can have with your clothes on....

So the stable was full.
1661chopped.jpg

Fast forward to 2009 - I'm getting the itch to have a convertible. I loved my coupe, but in Arizona we have so many great top down days that the T-top just wasn't cutting it anymore.
So, I sold her in May 2009 and started the search without much luck I might add. I started thinking, maybe I'll try something different...Viper maybe...or a new Camaro perhaps. Well, I guess I have the Corvette bug and bad.
Searched and searched...Texas, California, Indiana. Well I stumbled upon the exact car I wanted and it was in my own backyard, Van Chevy. So, without further ado, here's my latest: '04 MSG, 6 speed, gray interior, black top, 11,500 miles...

DSC02645.jpg

DSC02650.jpg

DSC02654.jpg

DSC02665.jpg

Once again the stable is full.

I have to thank my lovely wife. It was with her insistance that I get back into a Vette, and NOW (guess she didn't like me driving her Vette either):L

Nick
(Yes, I live on a dirt road :ugh)

Congrads on the Medium Spiral Gray Vert and welcome to the forum. NOTHING looks better than MSG waxed up in the bright sunshine, It'll sparkle your eyes out!!! I love mine. The gray interior is a much better choice for the vert, it saves wear and tear on your thighs!!:w:w:w

Welcome to CAC! Very nice story, and two very nice Corvettes!

cool story-nice vert I like the chrome hoops! Enjoy!Welcome to cac:thumb

Welcome to the cac, neat story, great pics, hope you enjoy our family of vette lovers......................................Billy:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w

Nice looking ..... a great choice. :beer

I think R$T in the review of the Viper ... said something like .. the car can't be driven summer or such because of the engine and tranny heat. :ugh

Welcome!

But just one question:
Any particular reason you kept buying the same vintage?

Just curious. . .

Welcome!

But just one question:
Any particular reason you kept buying the same vintage?

Just curious. . .

Thanks for the welcome...

I like the C5's the best. I guess I just can't make up my mind which one :L

I think I might have a keeper this time though.

Happy Holidays

Nick

...................I like the C5's the best. I guess I just can't make up my mind which one :L

:L

Happy Holidays to you and yours, Nick!
:wJane Ann

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom