Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New member to the forum.

Went

Corvette
1989 base w/383, automatic
Hi all, new to the forum. I own a 1989 white Corvette. Just had a new 383 put in but don't have it home yet. It was in the process of being finished but Covid got in the way. A one man shop and his kid's schools closed. The engine is a two bolt main block with ARP studs, Scat stroker crank, 6" rods, Keith Black pistons, Comp Cam and roller rockers, AFR heads, Superram, Melrose headers, Borla mufflers and a Canton pan. I look forward to learning new things here. I've owned my vette a little over five years now. It's a daily driver and I love driving it. The photo is from last summer. The mufflers are now Borlas. I haven't a recent photo.

(new "member", can't type.)
Went clean corvette.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to CAC!!!
enjoy!!!!
Hope it gets done sooner than later...

Another Welcome !

Thanks for the welcome! The car is near finished. A couple things left. I put a Superram on the car. Didn't get the throttle cable bracket when I bought it off ebay. A friend helped me fab up a bracket to use. As a result the cable are a bit too close to the throttle body. We have tried slotting the bracket bolt holes but not enough. A 1/4" spacer is being made to move the throttle body forward just a smidgen. Going to bump the idle up a bit because the car is not liking 800 rpm when being pulled into drive or reverse. Not all the time but off and on. Then I can bring it home.

v5.jpg
Went

Last edited:
Welcome aboard! nice looking 89 you have there.

OH, BTW I fixed your spelling error for you! :cool!:

Thanks for fixing the typo!
Went

Couple pictures of my engine in the car. The 383 is night and day difference compared to the L98 that inhabited the engine bay.

Went1.jpg6.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom