Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

NEW MEMEBER FROM ISTANBUL / TURKEY

acme-corvette

Corvette
1996 coupe LT1 metalic purple
Hi everybody,

I have been lurking on the forum and gathered lots of information from here, but today I have registered.

I have one 1996 LT1 coupe in metallic purple, one 1987 Iroc z28 in torch red, One 1996 Blazer 4 door 4WD 2" lifted and loaded truck. Thats all my inventory.

Previously I have totally restored my 1974 Z28/ LT. I doo all mechanics, electric, body etc. works by myself on my garage.

cheers to all :beer

Hi everybody,

I have been lurking on the forum and gathered lots of information from here, but today I have registered.

I have one 1996 LT1 coupe in metallic purple, one 1987 Iroc z28 in torch red, One 1996 Blazer 4 door 4WD 2" lifted and loaded truck. Thats all my inventory.

Previously I have totally restored my 1974 Z28/ LT. I doo all mechanics, electric, body etc. works by myself on my garage.

cheers to all :beer

:welcome

Welcome to the forum Acme... you'll like it here!!:thumb

Welcome to the CAC, fellow "purp" owner! My 95 is Dark Purple Metallic.

Hey...need a pair of rear wheels for your IROC. I have two, NOS wheels, still in GM boxes. 250 USD plus shipping.

Welcome to the CAC!

Enjoy!

:Steer

thanks for the warm wellcome,

Hib, I ll keep those wheels on mind ;) I really like the purple on C4

Eric, You 1972 LT1 looks gorceous ;)

Big Jim, If there is wrenches + greese + speed Im in :thumb

Here is my Corvette album,

buraksozer/1996CORVETTE LT1 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is two years ago when i get the car:
Picture115.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is underneath when the car received:
Picture138.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is interrior;
Picture116.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Last year I have rebuild the engine and transmission.
Also Started to fiberglass fix and paint job...
Picture141.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

One base coat to see any mistakes or missing spots:
01010119.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Engine after rebuild, during electric job when the photo taken;
09032008001.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Last summer i have done all suspension with pollybushings:
14072008002.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After the base coat of metallic purple ( last summer again)
07082008004.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I do have more photos , I need to load them on computer and photo bucket too ;)

Now the interrior has done excl. seats to be installed. Also galss and lock job need to be done. I have bought new windshield and door glass, also bought a rear hatch in NC, its in the ship now.
The finished purple car pictures are not belong to me, I have just saved them to motivate myself :)

Welcome to the CAC !

I've taken the liberty to post a pic of your car.. Very nice !
5e9a_3.jpg

:w from Germany

-Stefan

Thanks Stefan,
As I mentioned on the post the finished car on the picture does not belong to me its an ebay picture for my self motivation. The car under construction is beling to me.
But thanks for your help on putting pictures;)
BTW I have been in Frankfurt, its a nice city ;) I can speak little german, but didnt have any problem with the language, half of the taxi drivers were Turkish :)

Welcome fellow do-it-yourself'er!

I spent a year in Turkey back in 91-92, stationed in Istanbul and visited just about every military base over there! (even out to Erzerum! (sp?) )

Bill

Thanks Stefan,
As I mentioned on the post the finished car on the picture does not belong to me its an ebay picture for my self motivation. The car under construction is beling to me.
But thanks for your help on putting pictures;)
BTW I have been in Frankfurt, its a nice city ;) I can speak little german, but didnt have any problem with the language, half of the taxi drivers were Turkish :)

Yep, lots of your country men and women are here. Next time you come up, tell me and we'll get together. :thumb

Sorry about the pic, here is the current one. It'll look good once you got it all back together. :beer
14082008.jpg
http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/buraksozer/1996CORVETTE LT1/14082008.jpg

Welcome fellow do-it-yourself'er!

I spent a year in Turkey back in 91-92, stationed in Istanbul and visited just about every military base over there! (even out to Erzerum! (sp?) )

Bill

Thanks Bill,

I hope you enjoyed your stay in Turkey. ;) Out of Erzurum means Russia right ? :)

Yep, lots of your country men and women are here. Next time you come up, tell me and we'll get together. :thumb

Sorry about the pic, here is the current one. It'll look good once you got it all back together. :beer
14082008.jpg

Thanks Stephan,
Sure I ll let you know. I have been in Harley Davidson Technical training center in Morfelden six times. Now Im not working for them anymore.

Im working on the car hard, interrior is done, electric has done, waiting for the hatch glass.
:beer

Some of it was ok, some of it was...ehh well not! :L I particularly enjoyed Kushadasi! :upthumbs

Russia is just about right! Dead of winter too...NOT a pleasant place to be that time of year!

Actually Erzurum is a place like Minnesota climatewise. I have been in MN twice in the winter :)

Kusadasi is a warm place :) have you been in Izmir base? my highschool was next to base shopping mall :beer

Merhaba!

Welcome :upthumbs.

Just wondering if Turkey is your native country or if you are stationed there?

Enjoy :w

Dave

Merhaba Dave,
You have surprised me:thumb how did you learned Turkish?
Im native a Turkish guy.

I cheated :eek:hnoes. I looked it up on the internet to give the welcome note a 'personal' touch!

Have fun with your vette and with the forum!! :cool

Later...Dave

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom