Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Memeber from the Poconos

JeepCycle

Corvette
1985 Black Z51, 1984 Black Parts Donor
Hi everybody, Looks like a great site with great info and interesting events.

I am a 4 year owner of 2 C4's one was my driver, one just a parts car. I am presently trying, with the help of some friends to reassemble and finish projects that were started over 1.5 years ago. I originally got held up when my Daughter and Son-in-Law Decided to move their family here from Florida and I had to procure and recondition a house for them. The moved in on June 17, 2010. Six days later, I was riding my motorcycle home from my job, which is 40 miles from where I live, and was the victim of a hit and run driver who nailed me in the on-ramp to a highway and left me for dead. I had 33 fractures including a triple skull fracture, all ribs fractured one collapsed lung, one punctured lung, a triple fracture to the left clavicle, last and certainly not the least, I had 4 massive brain hemmorhages. I expired on the way to the hospital, was recusitated, operated on and put into a coma that I was given no chance to survive. When they brought me out of the coma, I did not know who I was, or anything else about my life, i.e. no memories of anything.

Well, here it is over a year later and through the grace of God and some really hard work on my part, I have escaped almost all of the post traumatic amnesia. My bones are being slow to heal due to the number and severity of all my injuries and the side effects from the traumatic brain injuries are very debilitating but, I work hard everyday at recuperation and hope someday to be my true self once again, and go back to work. The Neurologists and the surgeons keep telling me to be patient but I DO get weary of BEING one. However, all things must pass and I will not give up.

My friends declared that every THursday night is VETTE Night at my garage as they are determing to help me get this favorite car I have ever owned back to being a Daily Driver.

Sorry to be so long winded but it's not and easy history to tell. I am hoping that I can be a member in good standing, help other members, and get information when I need it.

Sincerely,

JeepCycle

P.S. yes there are reasons for my username.lol

Well, welcome to CAC and back to LIFE. That's quite a story, not many people beat those kinds of odds. I'd say you are lucky to be where you are. Patience is a virtue, but I can imagine that you are ready to move on.

CAC is a great place to kick back and relax, learn about your car and share your knowledge. Remember, pictures of your pride and joy are always welcome and enjoyed by all. It doesn't matter whether or not it is finished, or a show car, we enjoy them all.

:welcome

Welcome aboard. I hope that working on your Corvette is the therapy you need to get back to 100% again.

Tom

Welcome!! And what a story you have to share. Unbelievable!! We're happy to know that you are truly on the mend. Keep us updated on both your progress and the progress of your Corvette.

Elaine

Welcome to CAC!!!!
enjoy!!!!

Congratulations on you recovery. :w Yes i will be hard work but it will pay off.
I am a 10 year survivor of Prostate Cancer Surgery. OW! Just have to work through it.
Roger

Welcome to the CAC and our little community. It sounds as though you have a great bunch of friends and we'll do our part to keep you (and them) on the right track while you restore your Vette and your life.
:wJane Ann

Thank you all for your very warm welcome and good wishes for me. It is a good feeling to have places to communicate with others about this wonderful piece of engineering. I can't wait to drive it again but I'll be patient as I recall, it is worth waiting for.

:upthumbs

Sincerely,
JeepCycle

new member jeepcycle

please 2 meet you /i hope you know my name!!!! you CHEATED DEATH !! GOD is LOOKING over you/ :) :w I ...wish you the best recovery.. my in (out) laws have a place near HAWLEY :welcome

This is what it's all about, pocessions can be replaced. . . . . . . God's Speed.

My friends declared that every THursday night is VETTE Night at my garage as they are determing to help me get this favorite car I have ever owned back to being a Daily Driver.

Sorry to be so long winded but it's not and easy history to tell. I am hoping that I can be a member in good standing, help other members, and get information when I need it.

Welcome to Corvette Action Center we are glad to have you. What a sucess story you have, your attitude is great and you're on your way, the C-4 will be back on the road before you know it.

This is what it's all about when it comes right down to it the things we take most for granite are the very things that are most important. Life is short enjoy everything along the way, take a walk in the rain, walk bare foot in the grass and and dance like no one is looking. Health and happiness to you and yours, Thursday is Vette night enjoy it.

Bill :w

Welcome to CAC, Jeepcycle!! Good luck with the therapy. Corvettes can be very theraputic one way or another.

I have a place in East Stroudsburg. :cool!:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom