Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: New Tires !

Corvette
2003 50th Annversary Red coupe, beautiful !
I'm finally geting tried of the noisy original Goodyear runflats and getting a full set of Michelin Pilot sport PS/2 ZP & a new set of TPSM's. Every where I go and folks I talk to say this is the best tire on the market for a C5 Corvette. Better handling, less noise, Ect. Now I need to figure out what to do with the original godyears with less than 400 miles on three of them and one with 14K miles on it. Mabye I can put them on the lawn and make planters out of them? :eyerole

I had thought about getting the same tires for my 04 but.............The original owner changed out the factory thin spokes to C6 Z06 style wheels and they are much larger in width. I'm running BFG G Force T/A's
P295/35 ZR18 99W in the Rear and P255/40 ZR 17 94W in the Front.

I can't get Michelin Pilot sport PS/2 ZP's in that size :ugh

So I have decided to go with General Exclaim UHP's, a tire plug kit and a small 12v Compressor.

Good Luck with the new rubber !

I think you are going to like them......a lot!

C5 Tires ?

I had thought about getting the same tires for my 04 but.............The original owner changed out the factory thin spokes to C6 Z06 style wheels and they are much larger in width. I'm running BFG G Force T/A's

So I have decided to go with General Exclaim UHP's, a tire plug kit and a small 12v Compressor.

I think you are going to like them......a lot!

Yes, I just need to let them go. I have spoken to and met so many people with the Corvette C5's who have said that from a drivers POV, the Michelin Pilot Sport ZP's are just the greatest overall tire in use. And I kept thinking the Goodyear would quiet down or I'd get use to them, or whatever. But after last summers driving and that constant drone from the GY's I said I've put this much work into this car, Why not get the rubber to the road in a better way. I have to find a way to touch-up the paint on the stock aluminum five spoke wheels. And I think I'll have the perfect ride. Finally ! :beer

A friend of mine in our club has a "01 vert. He has been running the generals for several tears now and he is happy with them. Many of us , including myself carry a plug kit and compressor becouase most of us hate run flats!

I'm finally geting tried of the noisy original Goodyear runflats and getting a full set of Michelin Pilot sport PS/2 ZP & a new set of TPSM's. Every where I go and folks I talk to say this is the best tire on the market for a C5 Corvette. Better handling, less noise, Ect. Now I need to figure out what to do with the original godyears with less than 400 miles on three of them and one with 14K miles on it. Mabye I can put them on the lawn and make planters out of them? :eyerole

I m in the process of getting new tires also. Going with Michelin PS 2 ZP too. But not sure about run flats.:confused talking to a lot of guys and confuses me even more. Do run flats make more noise than non run flats? I don't want to make a mistake. :confused

My Michelin ZP's are very quiet and ride is very good.

Michelins Pilot Sport PS/2 ZP experience.

I m in the process of getting new tires also. Going with Michelin PS 2 ZP too. But not sure about run flats.:confused talking to a lot of guys and confuses me even more. Do run flats make more noise than non run flats? I don't want to make a mistake. :confused
Well your not going to be disappointed. I've been out with the Corvette and have about 100 miles on them and they are nothing short of fabulous. They are very quiet and the faster you go, the quieter they get. I don't know why I didn't do this sooner. :w

Well your not going to be disappointed. I've been out with the Corvette and have about 100 miles on them and they are nothing short of fabulous. They are very quiet and the faster you go, the quieter they get. I don't know why I didn't do this sooner. :w

So, you say go with run flats?

I am sure that this is a dumb question but here goes................

Have you noticed any difference in your gas mileage after the
change from the GY's?

I am sure that this is a dumb question but here goes................

Have you noticed any difference in your gas mileage after the
change from the GY's?

I haven't noticed any change in mileage, and I have the Michelins on both the '02 and the '05.

Elaine

I put the PS 2 ZP's on my car and now have about 12,000 miles on them and couldn't be happier. Great tire! ;)

Ok, I'm ready to place my order at tire racks. :happyanim:

Going with;

245/45/ZR17 Front

275/40/ZR18 Rear

MICHELIN P/S A/S Plus ZP BLACKWALL RUNFLATS.

Is that right?

Let me know.

Thx
Paul

Those are the ones I have. :cool!:

I just placed my order!:happyanim: should be here in a week.:upthumbs Well I will keep you posted.:happyanim:

Paul:w

Michelin pilot sports & the C5

As G S Diva has said, I'm not seeing any increase in the fuel mileage, the LS1 is pretty good on fuel as it is. But I was more interested in the overall cabin feeling and sounds. I have installed a Corsa 'Pace Car' cat back exhaust, which sounds so sweet, I rarely turn on the radio. The sound of the car is exceptional. With the swap of the Good year's to the Michelin Pilot Sports PS/2 ZP's really allows you to feel the car/ to be a part of it. It now becomes very close to a airplane's cockpit. Or at least to me it does.

Years ago, my first Corvette was a 1959 roadster. Rode like a bank vault on wheels. Any trip over 100 miles required a sturdy individual with a core Love of Corvettes. Anyone else would have abandoned the 59 in favor of a Malibu Chevelle, Olds 442 Or a Pontiac GTO. But anytime you parked it and you relaxed for a while, you could look out at your prized Corvette and say to yourself that's my Corvette.

To us, it is the only way to motor along the highways. You gotta love it or leave it. There's no middle ground. And as the years and Corvettes came and went, you were blessed with each new platform. My C3 was a true highway cruiser. 100 miles or 500 miles, you where in a vehicle that didn't punish you for the trip.

Now, My C5 is again the Corvette revisited. a truly slim road rocket. At 30 Mph or 1@* Mph, you can't tell the difference. This is truly Zora's dream come true. I wish he was able to last long enough to see what they did to his dream. And I'd bet a Million bucks he'd be damn proud what has become of his creation. All those improvements and refinements let to the C5. :beer

I would....actually I didn't, then within a couple months, I had one go bad and had to buy one (actually bought a set of four) and had to have the tires broken down and installed. Save yourself some headaches.

I would....actually I didn't, then within a couple months, I had one go bad and had to buy one (actually bought a set of four) and had to have the tires broken down and installed. Save yourself some headaches.

What sensors do you recommend? Where to buy? Tire rack or Mid America or EBay ?:confused

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom