Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Newbie Question

Marlar

Corvette
1965 Nassau Blue & 2006 VY Z06
Sorry for the dumb question, but what size deep socket do I need for the lug nuts on a C6 and where can I find one that will not scratch the lug nut heads?

I don't know but if I find out for you can I drive your C6 around? If no response here call the service manager at Maxie Price, (Rick I think), and I am sure they will answer quickly. Or you could try Ouzt's but with the one Corvette they get a year I positive they would not have an idea. Good luck!

Your neighbor in Dacula!

Thanks. I'll call Maxie's. I should have figured that one out for myself! The C6 does drive gooood!:D

It's 19 mm. I use a thin shop rag for a cushion.

Mr Cool

Thanx. I picked one up yesterday, but as usual the idiot did not check the drive size of his torque wrench. Now I also need to call the dealer to get the torque that the lug nuts need to be tightened.
:confused

c4c5

Thank you for the torque setting. I also signed up for the corvettemechanic.com forum. Looks like a bunch of folk who actually know what they are doing!!
:upthumbs

Are there any type of locking Lugs on the C6 or some after market device that would be good?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom