Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

O m g

Corvette
2002 Torch Red Convertible
OMG! I can't imagine how many pics of cars were lost from Six Shooter's thread!!!!! :dancenaughty

No kidding... Not to mention our long-running mystery car thread... :(

Mac

What a bummer!

I really liked looking at all those pictures.

Thanks, Dwayne, for all your posting!

:w

Years and years worth.......there is a backup I don't know why it can't be put back on......that's why there are backups I'm thinking.......

Years and years worth.......there is a backup I don't know why it can't be put back on......that's why there are backups I'm thinking.......

I do a site back up once a month. I'm not willing to restore a month old backup for the loss of Off-Topic and other "General Forums" threads. Why? Because a month of new posts, topics, and new members in all the other forums would be lost.

I'm sorry that it happened, and I'm bummed as much as the rest of you, but there is really nothing I can do.

If those threads were important to you, then re-start them. It's better than nothing.

:thumb Now that is stepping up to the plate... Thanks Rob

I can't think of any other Forum or website owner/designer that responds to their membership honestly and forthright accountability. :thumb Rob

That is why I joined and became involved with the "Corvette Action Center"... We are the BEST, because of your efforts and desire to be the BEST..

Bud

If you guys want to pay for the double hosting fees to have the hosting company do daily backups of the CAC server - be my guest.

Until then, manual monthly backups, done by me, free of cost, will have to suffice.

I had loss....

But also knew things can happen anytime, anyplace. This is a first rate site that cares about its content and members. Personally knowing Rob could have sold it years ago and walked away smiling, but didn't, speaks volumes. I appreciate coming here and not be bombarded by advertising like other sites regardless of content. I have had fun with many members here and hope to meet the rest one day. To me the CAC will be stronger and more robust than ever, thats a prayer for ya'll. I can also say that I hope I never have to start another thread that requires my son going to another war. I printed it out a year or so ago and will always keep it safe for my families generations to come, so they can see the support we received from our friends made here from around the world.
Thanks Rob, Charlie,Theresa and the gang.

But also knew things can happen anytime, anyplace. This is a first rate site that cares about its content and members. Personally knowing Rob could have sold it years ago and walked away smiling, but didn't, speaks volumes. I appreciate coming here and not be bombarded by advertising like other sites regardless of content. I have had fun with many members here and hope to meet the rest one day. To me the CAC will be stronger and more robust than ever, thats a prayer for ya'll. I can also say that I hope I never have to start another thread that requires my son going to another war. I printed it out a year or so ago and will always keep it safe for my families generations to come, so they can see the support we received from our friends made here from around the world.
Thanks Rob, Charlie,Theresa and the gang.
Thank you Charlie!

Working in IT i understand where Rob is coming from. It would be a PITA to throw away a month worth of threads/new users/updates to get back the chatter.

Kudos to you Rob for keeping this site and making it a home for all of us. A little spring cleaning cant hurt and if it is important then bring the thread back anew (ie start fresh).. For me, it wont make a difference, just means i have to subscribe to new threads..

So: Thanks Rob for making this site what it is: A home to connect with my Corvette Family even from over here.. :upthumbs

:w
Stefan

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom