Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Oil Pan on C3's

1976C3

Quik question about oil pans.

I have decided to swap out my l48 with a little beefier sbc. Will I have any problems using a stock 350 oil pan, or does a 1976 c3 require a corvette specific oil pan?

Thanx

R

robert kirk

not sure about a small block. on my 454 the stock pan had more capacity than a regular bb pan. i am guessing but i would think it was the same way on a small block. robert

69MyWay

Corvette
1969 Killer Shark
I don't think it matters. Just make sure you get the right pan for the right engine--ie, type I two piece rear main seal vs. type II one piece rear main seal--these have different pans.

1976C3

thanx, I was unsure due to ground clearance and wanted to check 1st.

R

redmist

If you have modified your engine and/or be racing reving it past 5500/6000 I would recommend the Milodon Corvette road racing pan. It ain't cheap but it has a 7 quart capacity, is the same height as the stock pan and has a provision for an extra capacity oil filter and oil temperature guage. It is fully baffled. With the extra capacity oil filter I'm using 8.5 quarts of Mobil One.

C

ChipHead

I went to replace the gaskets on my oil pan and it turned out to be a truck engine. So the gaskets that I got didn't fit.

Check it out first!

69MyWay

Corvette
1969 Killer Shark
Cool picture

1976C3

I hope Redmist does not mind me posting this picture. This is the awesome oil pan he was describing to you earlier. Talk about a ground pounder. He is really putting together an wicked ride. I can not wait to see what it looks like when he is done.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom