Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Oil Pump Recommendation

Vette79

Corvette
1979 L-48 Black Coupe
Is there a good Oil Pump Replacement out there for a 79? Looking for the pickup tube already tacked in place but not necessary. Rear main seal will have to be replaced so trying to prep for future endeavor...:)

Is there a good Oil Pump Replacement out there for a 79? Looking for the pickup tube already tacked in place but not necessary. Rear main seal will have to be replaced so trying to prep for future endeavor...:)

I replaced mine with a stock oil pump. It works perfectly.

Do I need the Oil Pump, Oil Pump Shaft and the Oil Pick Up? Is there anything else that I need. I will be replacing the rear main seal and the oil pump. I just replaced the oil pan gasket with the one piece fel-pro. Can I re-use the gasket?

Do I need the Oil Pump, Oil Pump Shaft and the Oil Pick Up? Is there anything else that I need. I will be replacing the rear main seal and the oil pump. I just replaced the oil pan gasket with the one piece fel-pro. Can I re-use the gasket?

NEVER reuse your gaskets. Why risk it? Ya know what I mean?

Thanks, Ralph. I knew better to ask this question.

Wishuwerehere82, Summit does still have the Melling Oil Pumps, Pick Up Tubes and Shafts. Purchased the Melling Oil Pump, Shaft and Pick Up Tube and the Fel-Pro Rear Main Seals and Oil Pan Gasket that I needed. Is priming the oil pump necessary? Can I not replace the oil filter and disconnect the ignition and just turn it over for five seconds and check to see if I have pressure?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom