Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

One of the (Ultra RARE) 100+ Callaways is now up for sale- w/in>

*89x2*

In the late 80's, Callaway cars offered a "100 plus" package that added 100 hp :D
One of these beasts is now up for sale :upthumbs
Here is the ad info...
1988 Callaway Twin Turbo Convertible, red with tan interior & top, loaded, rare auto trans., Dymags, off road package, 100+hp option, one owner, only 6,447 miles, excellent condition.

Price: $33,900
For further information email Joanne Mercer jmercer@callawaycars.com

Right now, the pics are unavail. but for the money - this is THE one!!!! :m

Also:
The same owner also has an 87 for sale for a bit less money -
Contact jmercer@callawaycars.com for more details

1987 Callaway Twin Turbo convertible, red with tan interior & top, 4+3 tans., Bose, Greenwood package, 1 owner, all original paperwork, excellent condition, 10,276 miles.
Price: $26,900

87-120side.jpg

Hi All,

I was thinking in buying both of this cars last year, But decided to pursue another callaway! For the 88 last year he wanted 38.5k and 29.5k for the 87. This cars are both#120 serial numbers! The owner knows Reeves very well!!! Nice cars!!

*89x2* said:
******Note the Intake Manifold :D

Sorry for the possibly dumb question........but what is the difference with the manifold?

BTW, Chris, I finally got to check out the article in Corvette Fever with your Callaway! Awsome man! Congrats!:beer :beer

Jay

How did they get the extra 100hp?

Anyone know? I had certainly never heard of this option before. These cars must have been THE fastest cars available at any price in those days.

I've seen that intake on a 1988 convertible (see attached) for sale in the UK in recent months (also had a 6-speed, must have been added afterwards on an '88?)
attachment.php

JT ZR-Won said:
what is the difference with the manifold?

BTW, Chris, I finally got to check out the article in Corvette Fever with your Callaway! Awsome man! Congrats!:beer :beer

Jay

Jay - Glad you liked the article :m

With the Manifold, notice how tall and boxy the runners drop down from the intake above - now check out this pic...
TT91-053engine.jpg

That was only part of the 100 plus pkg... :D

Ah ha! I can see it much better in the 2nd pic. Pretty cool! It looks simliar to the super ram.

Jay

JT ZR-Won said:
Ah ha! I can see it much better in the 2nd pic. Pretty cool! It looks simliar to the super ram.

Jay

Jay, Another CAC member put up this pic last week - although it is boxy like an SR, that's where the comparison stops :D

Check out the in & straight down nature of this intake :eek - High Flow for sure :m

Here is a link to the option content: http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29928

Have you decided if one is in your future yet???????
attachment.php

Awesome intake:eek It does look similiar to the super ram. I don't see getting rid of my Z anytime soon.....but I always have an eye on the Callaway's:)

Jay

I wanted to know if Callaway ever produced a custom intake for LT1 power plants. The market is very thin for custom LT1 intakes. I only know of two manufacturers that produce them (Hogan's Intake and MorePerformance). Any info anyone..............

Johnny

The 87 is awfully tempting. But Susan would kill me for selling the 96 coupe in order to get an older vert..
She would only go along if I found a C5 vert to trade in on.

Thanks for posting those vettes though!
very clean looking :)
Rain

Rain said:
The 87 is awfully tempting. But Susan would kill me for selling the 96 coupe in order to get an older vert..
She would only go along if I found a C5 vert to trade in on.

Thanks for posting those vettes though!
very clean looking :)
Rain

Rain - the Callaways really can't be thought of as a "year" when it comes to trading in a newer version for one - many forlks have bought B2K's even after driving latter C4's and even C5's because of the raw power :D

If I had my pick right now, it would be the 88 convertible mentioned - 2 reasons - The Dymags wheels and the Ultra rare "100 plus" hp option which added 100 hp on top of the 382 hp it came with :D

Just something to consider :m

I hear ya. Have never driven a Callaway vette. But to hear you guy discuss them, They sound groovy!

My thoughts lean more towards "older" in the sense of weatherstripping, gaskets, and other rubber/plastic pieces that wear out over time, regardless of it being a callaway or standard vette and regardless of it being a daily driver or one kept in storage. It becomes large undertaking in time and funds when you go to replacing worn out universal parts.

Thats my only reason for looking towards newer vettes as opposed to vintage.

:)

Thanks again
Rain

You definitely wouldnt want to use a b2k as a daily driver. If you ever drove one, youd forget all about weather stripping. But I know my car at least is in excellent condition, weather strip and all. I think you'll find most b2k's to be the same way.

Well, then I will not shut out the older Callaways.
Thanks for the comment!
Rain

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom