Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

"opinions please"do c4 corvettes look good with rear mount spoilers"?

sxyvet

Corvette
1991 ZO7 coupe, 6 speed,red on red w/most options!
hi there all,
just wandering what every one thinks about rear fibreglass mount spoilers to suit c4 corvette?

do you think they make the car look better or worse?

it does depend on the shape and style i guess though as well doesnt it!
i was looking at the wrap around rear spoiler with the two pedelstone feet on the base and has concouve top!
similar to the green wood brand or know as the street style wing!
sits up about 5-6" in total height!
ecklers,corvette central,mid america sell them!
there is two nice great picture of one on page 361 of corvette americas catolgue at www.corvetteamerica.com

any ideas guys?
thanks
glen
sxyvet
Australia

Glen,
I kinda like the designer series best. Not too tall and close to the body. Best one I ever saw was on my 85 (it was there when I bought the car)
Only sat about 1.5 inches from the rear deck with ends that followed the contour of the body. My 87 doesn't have one.

They look good on verts when the top is down..........on coupes? No thanks.....

My opinion.... No.

I don't like them but hey its your car and if you likeit thats all that counts.

Spoiler pic on 84

The spoiler on my '84 really gives it an aggressive look. I always get compliments on it, of course the gold muffler tips and rims add to the overall look.

Here are pics: http://www.sosmedia.com/corvette

It looks good with or with out. JMHO

I've always gone with the opinion that if your car didn't look cool when it came off the assembly line, bolting things to it wasn't going to change that.

Some people really like to customize for looks though, so it's your car. I say do what you think looks good.

In my opinion, it is an attempt to make the car look "ORIENTAL" .... look around at the cars that have spoilers on the road today...but then my opinion, as I have been told many many times....DOES NOT MATTER!!!

Women...go figure!!!

Its whatever each Vette owner thinks. Everyones tastes are different. My personal opinon is Im not a fan of it because I feel it upsets the lines of the C4. The earlier C4's look a bit better with them. Once they changed the rear i think it even looks worse....You wanted our 2 cents and you got it!!!

Not for me, but for others you never know.

hi there guys,
thanks for all your comments and replys!
still not sure yet!
ohwell, may be i should toss a coin!!!
cheers
glen
sxyvet

It's all subjective, but my personal opinion is they don't look right with body kits, wings, etc., but it's your car and yours alone to make the decision.

AdvancedAutoCC said:
It's all subjective, but my personal opinion is they don't look right with body kits, wings, etc., but it's your car and yours alone to make the decision.

I agree. Too ricer for me. But it is your car and I think you should do whatever you like.

spoiling for spoilers

The only car with a spoiler that looked good was the recently departed Camaro (last body style) that had it integrated into the lines of the car.

I've seen C4s with spoilers and to my eye it destroys the lines of a good looking car.

However, nothing is as bad as the ricers with the aluminum bolt-ons:L

If this works, here's a picture of mine. Came with the car, jury is still out, but it's growing on me. This one uses the rear glass mounts, so no holes in the car and can be removed whenever it is desired.

ju7fqw.jpg

Not for me !!!!!!!!!!!!

It looks like it is something that doesn't belong.

The Greenwood package is another after market item that might look neat but when the time comes to sell it you will lose a lot of money.

Keep it stock and you cannot go wrong.

But that is only my opinion and if you like it do it.

Alan

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom