Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

optispark results

misterKTM

Corvette
'93 Black 6 Speed
So - tore the optispark out last night...sure enough...junk. A few observations: First - if anyone has any complaints about taking an optispark out of a Vette - go take one out of a trans-am, then you will have something to complain about. I had it out of the Vette and on the bench in an hour. The Trans-am (did it about 2 years ago) was a real chore - had to nearly tear the whole front end off of that thing. Secondly - The auto shop that supposidly put a new opti-spark in 10,000 miles ago are crooks. This thing has 100,000+ if it has 10 miles on it. Absolutely totaly wore out cap and rotor. Plus it has the rust on inside. So time for new distributer....any suggestions on best place to buy ? Also water-pump suggestions ? Figure I might as well do it to. Lastly...what about the vent kit ? Where is a good spot to get a vacuum source that won't screw anything else up ?

Not sure on the Vent kit, But I have hear dof guys have problems with Autozone, oarts store brand Optispark modules. I would Buy an OEM GM opti. As for Water pump if car is mainly on the street just the OEM replacement will do fine.

Ditto with Jeff on this one. In my experience, which had been costly, go with OEM stuff when it comes to electrical components. :upthumbs

Gmpartsdirect.com for your opti. Best OEM price in town.

Got a great lifetime pump at autozone for $129 I think. Been running just fine for about 10,000 miles now. Looks like quality build. At least..........it works for me.

I teed in at the power brake vacuum line. I just cut the bend off of the hose so it goes straight into the tee. When you put the cover on, you don't see a thing.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom