Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Paddle Shifters

C

Colorado C6

I have a 209 Corvette with auto trans and paddle shifters. Just around to playing with it and thought I had a problem. When I placed the shifter in the "S" position, I could not see what gear I was in. I called my dealer and was told it should appear in the heads up display. Never have seen it.
So, today I took it for a test drive and when in the "S" mode could not see the gear selection. After I turned the corner and got underway, I upshifter and there was the symbol in the heads up. Drove around and shifted in and out of "S" several times. All seems normal. So the only question after all of this is: Do I have to shift using a paddle after placing the gearshift in "S" before the display works? I am sure I did this several times and never saw the display. Thanks for any comments or suggestions.

On mine, I do need to shift first before it comes up in the display. If you notice, it will start you in 2nd, from there you can down shift to 1st.

When in "S" mode, you're still fully automatic until you activate the paddle shift mode by pulling or pushing the paddle. At that point, the gear selected should appear.

To return to fully automatic shifting, you'll need to move the shift lever back to "D" or some other position then reselect "D" or "S".

When in "S" mode, you're still fully automatic until you activate the paddle shift mode by pulling or pushing the paddle. At that point, the gear selected should appear.

To return to fully automatic shifting, you'll need to move the shift lever back to "D" or some other position then reselect "D" or "S".

:thumb Thanks for ther response. I think everything is working the way it should. May have been operator error.:)

Aren't you the least bit curious to thumb through your owners manual???:confused

Aren't you the least bit curious to thumb through your owners manual???:confused

I have been through most of the manual. I was thinking that when you placed the gearshift in S you would see in the heads up the box with a 1 in it for 1st gear. I found out when test driving that you indeed have to touch the paddle once to turn on the system. I read the manual but missed where is says on page 2-27 that the transmission operates as an automatic UNTIL you use the paddles. Two other owners confirmed that for me. Thanks for your response.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom