Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Passenger Dash Rattle

Corvette
none right now :(
A couple of us are having a problem with a dash rattle/squeak on the passenger side area of the dash. My rattle is slowly driving me insane, and I don't know where to start looking because:

1) Everything is tight on the outside
2)I can't pinpoint the exact area where the sqeak is coming from
3)The airbag is over there, (and honestly, I am scared of that thing!)

Anyone else out there have similar problems? Anyone know how to fix it?

I had a similiar problem with my 95. It turened out to be behind the pass/airvent in the center of the pass dash. After I took the grille out I found a couple of loose screws, etc. You might want to check that area. You can access the screws holding the grille by gently prying out the center portion from the bottom. Thats the center piece with horizontal outlets. I think there are a couple of 10 mm screws in there

anyone else have other suggestions? All the screws that hold the air vent in place are tight... should I just start taking things apart?

The only thing I can think of is taking the pass. lower trim panel off & seeing what you can see. That will require the vent removal to get at four nuts that hold the panel up., but I guess you already saw those. The airbag connections are yellow,
use caution.......

I like that plan, yellow wires, slow down!... I will have to re-train myself though, In tallahassee, yellow means speed up:)

In the end after expensive Dynomat and Brown Bread (Brands of sound deadener) Use DYNASEAL! Its not a fancy as it sounds it is the "tar" wrap that secures and seals your windshield. You can pick up a roll at any glass shop..It is awsome simply put it where plastic meets metal or plastic meet plastic etc.. (Behind the cosmetics) and your rattles are gone period. My 85 sounded like a bolt truck until I did mine it now sounds like a Caddy not one rattle,buzz,squeak,...nothing. (Keep in mind its quite ugly to look at so have it behind the cosmetics again and do not apply outside when its 104 degrees out..apply in your garage in room temp because it doesn't like to cut but strech out under heat.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom