Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

PAXTON SUPERCHARGER

diesel1456

Corvette
1989 white conv
Well my supercharger is in. The sound is incredible,very quiet till you rev that baby and you know something is under that hood. The roads are to bad here in NY to take it out yet,but it shouldn't be to long now. I put a boost gauge in and running a 3 3/4 pulley just a quick rev and i was up to almost 5lbs of boost. If anyone is thinking of doing this if i can help you with any install tricks just let me know, Everyone is always so much help on here when i had a problem so if i can help with this just let me know i will tell you what i can.
Rich:beer

Congratulations on your install! :upthumbs

Was it better or worse than what you thought it would be? Those Vette mags make all this stuff look like it is a walk in the park. Being a tech for nearly 40 years, I know that is not the truth! :L

I bet you can hardly wait to open her up!

SAVE THE :w

THA PAXTON BLOWER

To be honest with you the blower itself was not bad it's all the mods that go with it . You have to replace your lower inner fender with a cutout piece because the blower sits there. You have to move the hood support rod to the pass side. you have to cut out a spot in the hood on the drivers side. You have to take off the front A arm to move the wires and put them under there. I also installed a dipstick cooler for the blower because it really extends the life of the blower. I also installed the ceramic shorty headers i had the larger fuel injectors alreay in. It makes your engine compartment a lot cleaner without all that air filter laying there ,smog pump is gone because that get's tied into the blower. I really was impressed with the no check engine light after we were done. Oh yea you also have to diconnect the computer from the car there is a wire right next to your brake cyl, You disconnect that to set the timing for the blower and then just rehook it up and the computer remembers the setting. Like i said the blower itself not bad the mods are a little bit of a pain. But yea i am really looking forwar to giving it a shot during the summer i am going to bring up to this place by me and put it on the dyno just to see what it's pushing.
thanks on the congrads
Rich

Cool mod! Pictures of the finished project would be nice.:beer

PAXTON BLOWER

I will try to get some pics this weekend i am also having painted and installed those hood vent's i want to see if i can locate the one on the driver's side right above where the air filter now sits. Should improve the airflow with these vets any airflow makes an improvement with performance. Will post some pic's as soon as i can
Rich

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom