Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

(Picture Thread) Show your C4 to the world!

Terry "Troy" Powers worked the night shift on the assembly line at DaimlerChrysler's St. Louis Mini-Van Plant for 13 years. While working nights on the line he obtained a degree from Webster University and got a job as a tooling Engineer. Dad was a proud UAW member for over 30 years. He never forgot his roots and always referred to the guys working the line as "The bread and butter of the company". In November of 2006 he was diagnosed with Diabetic Kidney Disease. On September 7, 2007 he passed away. Dad loved cars and never retired. For years he talked about getting a Corvette. His wishes were not to have a funeral or services. Next spring my brother and I take his ashes home to Evansville,Indiana. This 96 triple black convertible Corvette will take him to his final resting spot....."90MPH with our hair on fire" he used to say.
3068afh1.jpg
TTP 3/9/55-9/7/07

That's a nice story about your dad. Thank you for sharing it with us.

You should post the story in the New Member's Introductory forum so that more of our membership will see it. Click here

Welcome to the CAC!
:wJane Ann

Thanks for the kind remarks Jane......I have to say I started the post last night but it hurt to bad to think about all that's happened over the last year or so. I didn't know grieving his loss would be so hard.
He wasn't just my Dad he was the best friend I've had or will ever have. We did everything together these last five years. Lots of good memories and partying.

Rain, I really enjoyed your pictures of the Cherohala skyway. The wife and I made the trip to TN this past August and we made the same journey. Beautiful drive.

I think I'm trapped in the twilight zone...I've gotten two email notices that there have been new posts in this thread....but the one from Rain I quoted is still the last one I can see...there should be atleast two more posts!!!:eek:hnoes

If members try unsuccessfully to display a photo, and then DELETE the post, the software will already have sent the notices. ;)

BTW - if anyone is having issues adding photos to their posts, start a thread in the Site Help and Feedback forum http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133 and we'll do what we can to help.

My '90 Coupe - Ft. Fisher, NC

Great day for snap shots ... and November to boot. Gosh, I love being in the south ... more time to DRIVE!!!!

Thanx, CTYANK2. It has the blue interior with sport seats. We are very excited to final have a corvette, unfortunately we received the car just in time to put it away for the winter.
Oh well, spring will be here soon, right?

Thanx, CTYANK2. It has the blue interior with sport seats. We are very excited to final have a corvette, unfortunately we received the car just in time to put it away for the winter.
Oh well, spring will be here soon, right?

The last run for my 89 before winter storage will be this weekend! :cool

I think it's nice that a lot of Vette owners store their rides for the bad weather months. But it would drive myself insane if I tried to do that. I love driving the Vette way to much. I have been fortunate the last few years thou, it does not rain much any more. I guess because of globle warming or whatever. I't nice to drive in all the seasons with the glass top. you get some pretty nice vistas to view. But any way, here's to all the great C4 Vettes out there. The best car I ever bought, and hope to get more soon.:beer

89FX3 - nice looking C4! Here's the full size version of your thumbnail image.

attachment.php

When you have time, stop by the New member forum here and post a thread so more of the CAC members can stop in and say hello.

Bought 11/20/07
yadayadyad.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom