Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

poor running 84

That'll do it!

When you replace the pump, use one for a 1985 Vette. It has been a while, but I think there's one minor wiring change you have to do...different connectors or something. Tom, pete...do you guys recall?

Bill
Sorry Bill, I didn't upgrade mine just replaced it. I hear you solder the wires on to ensure good contact.

Ahhhh...Thats good news. See, thats why I said its so important to know what the fuel pressure it set at. On a CFI motor, its really important and thats way to low for sure. Install 85 vette pump and set it to 14psi and you'll be fine and your motor will love it and so will you.

We did an 82 and an 84 CF today and...TB bushing jobs on both, rebuilds, balanced, TPS, timing and replaced the pumps. Both cars run rather well now and they don't stumble now either. Also on the 84, we replaced the chip with one of our chips and the difference was night and day and the owner is very happy now with his 84.

Take it one step at a time and you'll finally get it running just fine.:D

THANKS BUCCANEER spent about a year in arizona, a place called
BULLHEAD CITY ever hear of it????????

No problem...yep, Bullhead is just south of Laughlin. A friend of mine and I used to fly up from Chandler AZ to Laughlin for lunch and some gambling once in a while for something to do. The river is nice as well.:D

will be installing new fuel pump towards end of week and re-fine tuning
will keep all who posted, posted, thanks to all-------john

installed fuel pump saturday am, different running car, what a difference
well worth the time and effort. running now , give it an 8 out of 10
still a little more tweaking, want to replace plugs has AC IN THERE NOW, any suggestions on another plug??? bill , thanks for pics, and thanks to
everyone who put the time in to help---------------john

Ahhhh...another satisfied customer with an 85 pump. :upthumbs It makes a big difference doesn't it? Now set the FP at 14psi and you'll be good to go. Glad to see that it finally working out for you. You could always use AC Rapidfires#2, they work pretty good and used them for years in my old 355ci motor. I can't use a plug like that with my Dart heads anymore.

AC Delco have always worked fine for me, R45TS as I recall (from memory, so may not be correct)...the Autolite Platinums have done well for me also.

Bill

finally got christine running good, idles fine plenty of power, now just to detail engine compartment, wire looms etc. some weatherstripping and such.
to all those who took the time and effort--THANK YOU!!!! will reommend site to anyone whos christine is giving them a headache-------JOHN

finally got christine running good, idles fine plenty of power, now just to detail engine compartment, wire looms etc. some weatherstripping and such.
to all those who took the time and effort--THANK YOU!!!! will reommend site to anyone whos christine is giving them a headache-------JOHN

That is SOOO great to hear! I know you were about to give up on her there for a while...but you stuck with it and got it going! There just is no greater satisfaction is there?

Quite a unique car too! The convertible conversion looks VERY tempting! :eek:hnoes

Congrats!

Bill

You'll find that the CROSSFIRE will give you lots of smiles. Take care of it and it'll give you loads of fun. :beer

Another satisfied Cross fire owner. I have had my 84 for almost 5 years and it has been a gem. Just had it painted a couple months ago. Not a real expensive job but looks great from 10 feet. I didn't have alot of cash to do top notch but it is good drver quality.

Enjoy your 84 conv.

Another satisfied Cross fire owner. I have had my 84 for almost 5 years and it has been a gem. Just had it painted a couple months ago. Not a real expensive job but looks great from 10 feet. I didn't have alot of cash to do top notch but it is good drver quality.

Enjoy your 84 conv.

Convertible not available till 86. :confused

Xfire you are right but I believe it was said earlier in the thread that Chevyagain's car is an 84 that was made into a convertible.

has anyone replaced the bose radio in the 84 with a aftermarket stereo
that fits good with no butchering

Pioneer DEH-P47DH and 77DH are direct bolt ins. However because you have the bose you will need to replace the speakers as Bose stereo has the amps on the speakers. I didn't bother with the door speakers. I used 6x9's in the back and 4x6's in the dash.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom