Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

PowerEffects/SideEffects

Corvette
1986 Bright Red Coupe
I've always been partial to the look of sidepipes. Has anyone here ever used/installed/listened to/ridden with PowerEffect's SideEffect exhausts? I've heard their sample tapes and .WAV files, but listening to a 30-second sample and driving 500 miles with them are totally different animals.

Any other C4-compatible side pipes? These are the only ones I've ever found.

Thanks...
[RICHR]

Ken, I didn't realize you had SideEffects... so I assume you like them, judging by your page...

Were they hard to install, and are they intrusively loud when cruising?
[RICHR]

No, they are not loud at all, and I am using neither the Sport kit nor the "resonance" kit. However, now that I no longer run a cat, or rather cats (plural), it is, you might say, a bit louder. I like it! ;)

_ken

I installed these on my 93 this past March. Installation isn't bad, though it is time consuming (about 8 hours). The tape that they send you do not due the system justice. I am running through gutted cats and it sounds great! The resonance is a bit much at low rpms, but who cares...it's a Vette, not a Coupe De Ville!

twiget - that is one sweet ride! I would give up my car for a GS in a second.

Ken - I you are not using the Sport or Touring option, what are you using?

For those of you wondering, I use the same name on the Corvette Forum.

Eric

HOWSER said:
Ken - I you are not using the Sport or Touring option, what are you using?

Just the basic kit. I can't wait to get it out of the shop and on the road so that I can really hear what it is going to sound like now. It is quite a bit louder since I removed all of the cats and installed a hot-rod engine. :gap

_ken :w

damn.......

they do look good on a C-4! i heard that side pipes loose HP due to the 90 degree bends but i think they would look pretty hip :D

rrubel, I haven't heard of any HP losses due to this system. Power Effects (Side Effects) actually claims a 10hp dyno'd gain to the rear wheels on the LT1 and even a bit more for the L98. I can say that it doesn't feel like I lost any at all, maybe a small gain...it's kind of hard to say, you know...with that exhaust note bellowing out from below your seat! It sounds and looks super.

Eric

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom