Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Price of the 2009 ZR-1

What do you think the 2009 ZR-1 MSRP will be?

• $80,000

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • $85,000

Votes: 12 8.4%
  • $90,000

Votes: 19 13.3%
  • $95,000

Votes: 43 30.1%
  • $100,000

Votes: 24 16.8%
  • $105,000

Votes: 12 8.4%
  • $110,000

Votes: 24 16.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Actually, I paid $65k for my Z06 which was about $20k more than a base C6, that $20k difference stopped a lot of people from buying a Z06 as I'm sure even $90k will divide many Z06 buyers from ZR-1 buyers. I don't think a $20k jump makes the lesser model any less desirable, that's enough difference to give customers the next step up in performance if they want it, and can save them $20k if they don't. Now a $30k jump is going to eliminate a lot of buyers in my opinion, only time will tell? ;)

EFE Z06

If you're buying something of this magnitude price is barely a consideration. All that will happen if the car is over 100k is you will pass that mental threshold. In any event, inflation has a role to play and the dealers are bound to hold onto these things until they can get people competing to drive up the price.

I'm sure calling the new vette monster a ZR1 is making the prevous ZR1 owners happy again with all that HP since they felt a bit shafted when the Z06 came out. $100K will probably be close to the sticker, but way out of reach for the average C5/C6 owner...that sux. :mad

One neat part about the supercharger is at 620HP and some more boost, the numbers start going up...add in a few other mods and your at or over 800streetable HP and with the AC on...OMG!! :upthumbs:Steer

One neat part about the supercharger is at 620HP and some more boost, the numbers start going up...add in a few other mods and your at or over 800streetable HP and with the AC on...OMG!! :upthumbs:Steer

Yeah, boosted cars are easier and more responsive to modding. Will be interesting to see what the tuners do with this car.

I remember reading somewhere, and I think it was Bob Lutz actually, who said they were starting the ZR1 out at 650 horsepower, but wanted to get it to 700 horsepower by the second or third year of production.

I wish I could find that article again.

What this means to you: Chrysler wisely avoids crossing the $100K mark on its hot Viper SRT10 ACR, since that's a real psychological barrier for many buyers. — Anita Lienert, Correspondent

"Chrysler wisely avoids crossing the $100K mark on its hot Viper SRT10 ACR, since that's a real psychological barrier for many buyers" ;shrug

With GM only building 2000 units a year of the ZR1 and a three year run thats 6000 units. You can expect the dealers will have a minimum $10000 tacked on to the sticker. After the C6 ends its run its going to be electric Vetts of some sort no ground thumpes after 2011.

To everyone talking about the demise of Vette performance because of air quality rules...just remember that there are lots of other high-performance possibilities that could come in the future that will make todays Corvette look very slow.

I have a Camry hybrid and a Vette and love them both. A Lexus hybrid can already achieve 28 mpg and offer some of the lowest emissions of any car, while achieving 339 hp. Electric motor torque will help the car achieve 0-60 mpg in 5.2 seconds. In the future, it will only get better so don't sweat it, they will find ways to make high-performance cars because people will always want them. Think beyond the world of petroleum. We will have to move there some day.:upthumbs

WOW all of this is very interesting for sure but it's not over until the "Fat Lady Sings" as they say. I know nothing about nothing here but from a marketing stand point I am betting GM will keep it under the 100k mark. But again this will be very interesting to see how it comes out; there are sure smarter people than I that will be making this decision also based on demand or projected sales I would think. By the way the car looks bad to the bone but I do not care for the clear window pane in the hood either, I would rather see a untique step up high performance hood of some kind with special markings that is really identifiable, that would be kewl!!!

Just my 2 cents worth and that is about all it is worth too,

Bill

With GM only building less than 6000 units in three years & that includes engineering vehicles don't expect the dealers letting them go for any less than $10000 over sticker.

If I had the green for something like this and could or would pay sticker not sure $10k over would phase me too much!!! Jay Leno can have mine and I'll be content with the old C-5 for now.

Bill

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom